Did/does your Kingdom Hall have a Spanking Room?

by WilliamCoburn 35 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Heh Heh hear that Beavis ? He said 'spanking' Heh Heh

And welcome William. Seriously, the No. 2 school was where corporal punishment was applied but nothing specifically for spanking.

• changeling
    changeling

While I never attended a KH that had a designated "spanking room", I observed that at every KH I ever went too, parents would take their little ones into the restrooms or outside for spankings. Some did it discreetly, others just hauled them off, kicking and screaming. Some were calm about it while others had such rage in the faces that it would scare a prize fighter.

I also observed the same behaviour at assemblies. In fact, some of the spankings I observed being dealt out in ladies rooms were quite severe.

I myself was hauled out routinely by my parents and "disciplined" in suce a manner while at Jehovah's house.

When I became a parent, I was not a big spanker. My oldest was the type of child that you just had to look at and she would stop doing whatever it was she should not have been doing. My son, was a "tough little cookie",and I admit, I sometimes spanked him.

Once when he was about 2 years old I took him outside the KH and gave him a couple taps on the leg. We walked back in and stood in the foryer for a few minutes. A young black brother came up to me and said: "Sister, what that boy neds is a black whoopin' ".

changeling

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Yes we had when I was a kid.

Alittle room inside the second school.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, they use the lobby or the bathrooms to spank children. When we had a Kingdumb Hell with a basement, they would often be taken downstairs to be given their beatings.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The second school. A room with a nice big window looking on to the main hall so everyone could see your humiliation. Ironically the same room many went on to get a spanking in later - at a judicial committee!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

In the halls I used to attend in Albuquerque and west sacramento the kids were dragged outside kicking and screaming and wailed upon by their loving, christian, spirit guided parents in full view of the neighbors. In one hall they had these colored windows where we could see the silhouette of them dancing the "Foot in the ass foxtrot" or the "Hair yanking hustle". Once the fuzz got called and they disrupted our meeting!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Once the fuzz got called and they disrupted our meeting!

I hope it showed up in the local newspapers, creating embarrassment for those witlesses.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Welcome bill and yes it was the cloakroom.

Paul

• WilliamCoburn
    WilliamCoburn

I grew up in the Jehovah’s Witnesses during the 70’s and there was a room openly called “the Spanking Room” in our Kingdom Hall. While I was very young I still remember the meeting announcing that the renovation of our Kingdom Hall was complete and now included a Spanking Room with a sound system so mothers would not miss their meeting while beating a child! More amazing was the meeting about a year or so later: the brother on stage said we were not allowed to call the room The Spanking Room anymore because it could give non-Witnesses the impression we beat our children.

• dinah
    dinah
    More amazing was the meeting about a year or so later: the brother on stage said we were not allowed to call the room The Spanking Room anymore because it could give non-Witnesses the impression we beat our children.

Well, they certainly wouldn't want non-Witnesses to know the truth about them, now would they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit