Lucky Charms

by loosie 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

As I read JWD today am I eating a bowl of Lucky Charms cereal. It's good gereal, given the fact that the first time I ate Lucky Charms cereal I was in my 30's. As I eat it I feel like a bit of a rebel. Why?!?!?! Because my mother wouldn't allow me to eat it because growing up JW we didn't believe in luck. What that has to do with tasty marshmallow cereal I don't know.

But I smile a little bit more eating Lucky Charms cereal because I know my mother would be rolling her eyes at the fact I am eating it.

I must be a naughty girl irritating my mother like that...lol

maybe I'll her a pic of me and my Lucky Charms.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

They're magically delicious!

• joebin
    joebin

Always after me lucky charms..

come to think of it, I never ate lucky charms, got to try it out someday.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You gotta eat the marshmellows separate from the rest..

A favorite for all the heads is Count Chocula. Excellent for the munchies.

Quirky1

• alamb
    alamb

Weird. I'm sitting here eating a bowl and logged on to see your thread. Ya, my family only let us eat them if we called them.................."Fortunate Trinkets". That'll fool the demons.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I eat Lucky Charms, and I don't care who knows it.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

that's one darn superstitious religion! demons in cereal. demons in yard sales. demons in television. demons in troll dolls. demons in your left largest toe if you don't watch out. demons in their dreams. demons hovering around them all the time, so thick god can barely see them any more. You'd think god would get a demon swatter and whack a few of them just to make life easier for his faithful dupes.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hortensia had the same thought I did -- JW's are among the most superstitious people you'll ever meet.

My motto is that it's unlucky to be superstitious!

• loosie
    loosie
    Weird. I'm sitting here eating a bowl and logged on to see your thread.

conincidence no ...must be the demons!!!!!!!!!!

• insearchof
    insearchof

Ya, my family only let us eat them if we called them.................."Fortunate Trinkets". lol yeah I never understood the whole fortunate,lucky thing.The definitions are almost the exactly the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit