If The Society REALLY Cared About Gas Prices They'd Implement Program Now!

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You're on today, Blue!!

That reason could be it. But "service centers" in the home could produce the exact same thing.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, there has been financial pressure on jws in undeveloped countries for some time. Why is it that it becomes a crisis only when it hits the US and similar countries? Charging for the publications ended in 1990 in the US and similar countries and was not implemented in poorer countries until 2000. Hmmmmm.........

• minimus
    minimus

They don't care if you're financially going thru bad times. You can't go to college, work overtime, miss a meeting for extra work....Since when does the GB care about what real persons are going through?

What will they tell meeting attenders the reason is for the change where gas is not an issue? Where people walk or use bikes? Or swim through croc infested rivers? Since they don't use gas, they should simply continue through the other arrangement. Gas prices aren't affecting them.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

So, just what is the hidden agender for this change? Any one care to give it a try?

Blueblades

• mind my own
    mind my own

Exactly Minimus! If they really cared about that it would be effective immediately. When they make any other changes they are effective right away, not 8 months later.

Just another ploy to keep people engaged. The worst part is they all fell for it.

MMO

• minimus
    minimus

It would be like announcing that because of excessively cold temperatures in the winter, everyone that is cold and suffering now can get extra heat available to them in the summertime. A lot good that does somebody when their experiencing problems right at that moment!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm with you Minimus! I think it is also a bunch of horse puckey. They used the gas as an excuse to deter others thinking of what the main reason for the consolidation really is.

I do not know exactly what their reasoning is for sure but I remember reading another post on this forum about a more mind controlled method. People in the at home BS's had the abilty to be more candid and open minded in their thoughts. Eliminating that option will give them an even tighter reign over the congregation.

The "One Less Night " schedule may also entice those that are sporadic in their meeting attendance to be more active. It will also be more appealing to new ones.

Just a thought.

Quirky1

• Casper
    Casper

I totally agree... saying it's because of "Gas Prices" is ridiculous... especially having to wait until 2009 to implement it...

What about now... "Now "...is when the problem is effecting people...

If money is the problem for the members, wonder how the donation thing is going. I know we were expected to donate when we picked up the lit. and then donate what ever we got for it... They are still doing that, arn't they...?

Cas

• minimus
    minimus

I hate the lying bastards.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

One of Clyde's friends mentioned that there was a lot of talk after the announcement. Surprisingly, a few people asked why it wasn't being implemented now if it was supposed to help save money on gas. That surprises me that anybody would dare to ask questions since the WT study was about being "yielding."

Bonnie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit