If The Society REALLY Cared About Gas Prices They'd Implement Program Now!

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

They are full of sh*t!

If I were a practicing Jehovah's Witness, I'd seriously take the Governing Body's words to heart immediately. Since they don't want to add any further burdens on us, I would not "wait on Jehovah (them)" but instead I'd follow the spirit of their timely words and cut out one more meeting night and save gas money!

Now, what about all the wasted gas money spent using your cars going out in meaningless field service? It is only logical and reasonable to curtail this real waste of time and money!

Jehovah's Celestial Chariot moves forward!!!

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

OMG Minimum I was posting that EXACT SAME THOUGHT but it wouldnt let me because I was over limit!

Yes!! Eliminate FIELD SERVICE!! I say do something PROACTIVE if they are so concerned! How about giving the pioneers their own Borg-designed web sites and blogs to use? How about giving them cell phones from a cheap program through their halls? How about providing BUSES to and from assemblies so families can share the costs? How about giving people on fixed incomes and who have hardship to listen to the meetings from HOME so they dont have to commute at ALL?

What about simulcasting? What about having LESS assemblies???

• journey-on
    journey-on
    what about all the wasted gas money spent using your cars going out in meaningless field service

That's coming next year, imo. They have to find something to replace it with first. As I mentioned in another thread,

their construction "business" may become their new money maker. I see Youth Centers, Rest homes, etc. As the

old witnesses who have not prepared properly for retirement (because the "end was upon us") begin to attempt to live

on social security and meager savings, I can see the WTS suggesting they move into one of the Kingdom Rest Homes

and sign over their SS checks and life savings (not to mention homes, etc.) in exchange for yet another wonderful arrangement

by the FDS.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

You can see how the rest of the world will see this.

In other countries we do this and that and the other to get to meetings. But when Gas prices get a little high in the US - they drop a meeting - this is just another American Religion. I think this will bite the GB in the ass

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

also as another poster said on another thread - if they really cared they would allow the brothers to go to college to get a better job

• minimus
    minimus

The first thing the Society suggests is that they do not wish to burden anyone more than is necessary so they pull the plug on a meeting that used to be compared to one of the 5 fingers of a hand. Without all of the meetings in their time periods, a Christian could NOT get everything they needed to keep a firm grasp onto the "Truth".

I WISH SOMEONE COULD FIND COMMENTS FROM EARLIER PUBLICATIONS STRESSING WHY THE MEETING TIMES WERE SO NECESSARY AS THEY WERE!

As I recall, in the 80s and early 90s, the GB firmly resisted changing meetings because it's what "we needed". Now, suddenly, we don't "need" them after all????

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, Do you remember the gas lines back in the seventies? Before the internet exposed the history of the society they did not move their little pinky to remove the burdens back then wherein gas was hard to get and you had to wait for hours on line to get gas.

Back then the gas situation was worse because some could not get enough gas to use their cars for work, meetings, and field service. Yet the society did nothing to relieve the burdens the friends were going through back then.

The internet has changed the way the society acts. Legal tells the society what to do, not a 2/3rds vote.

They did not care then nor do they care now. Why wait until Jan.2009? Why not effective immeadiately?

Liability under the guise of damage control is the new light.

What do you think about my response? Anything to it?

Blueblades

• minimus
    minimus

Blue, I remember those gas rationing days well. People were regularly siphoning gas from other people's cars. but damned you would be if you missed a meeting!!!!

If there's something "legal" with this new ruling, I'm not sure I see it but it would not surprise me a bit.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, I believe that the legal dept. wants to touch all the bases when it comes to limiting the child abuse cases that have already piled up. Private homes could be a place where a pedophile or a pederast could be in waiting. With only a small group they could do something. At the kingdom hall they could not get away with it as in a book study setting.

Just my thinking between the other reasons why the society makes changes.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Its not about the gas you put in your car. Its about the gas that is being passed between the Legal Dept. and the Governing Body.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit