WHEN YOUR PARTNER WANTS A TATOO AND YOU DONT WANT THEM TO!!!!

by Summer wine 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

If it weren't for my wife, I would be covered in ink. She does like the ones I have already, which cover both shoulders & biceps, but they are extremely well done and well cared for. I would like to cover both arms to the wrists, but she doesn't find that attractive. Bottom line is, she tells me to do what I want & that it's my body, but I don't want to make myself look unattractive as far as she's concerned. I'm okay with that.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

So the question is am I being unreasonable here or is he?? Would you have done something as permenant as a tatoo if your partner disagreed with it or is it up to ultimately up to you.

In Amerika, which decended from England, Marriage is a legal arrangement to share assets and liabilities. It sounds like your marriage is in trouble, you havent mentioned any assetts or liabilities.

Men are always going through mid life crissis.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I have to say I agree that the tattoo is a symptom, not the problem. I agree that there is probably something going on - another woman, drug use, who knows.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

summer wine - you said he's treating you like he's your mum - put an end to that because you're not his mum and don't get caught up in that roll.

Like a few have said - it's not the tattoo that is the problem - honestly it's only ink and he wants to be the canvas - is it really something to get upset over? It's an expression of himself.

Sounds like you both need to communicate very clearly about your feelings and where you see things going and what you both want out of this marriage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit