WHEN YOUR PARTNER WANTS A TATOO AND YOU DONT WANT THEM TO!!!!

by Summer wine 23 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I hated my ex's tattoos, I thought they were poorly done and tacky. And I never said a negative word even when she got more. I had to choose my battles and that was low on the list. I don't think tattoos per se are tacky either, she just had bad taste in tattoos.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I felt like I was emotionally stunted once I was really out. I behaved somewhat badly in pursuit of an idendity. I did get my tattoo in my earlier 40's but I also live in a much more "accepting" college town. Finding a way in the world is hard enough without the mindfrack of the Dubs.

I have a special friend who is interested in some ink on her chest. I don't like what she's shown me so far but I cannot tell her what to do with her body, and the idea of it doesn't change how I feel about her.

• cab1000
    cab1000

The bigger issue is the whole " I don't think I am in love with you anymore". Forget the Tattoo...Find the other woman...

(really sorry to have said that)

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I agree with everyone else, there is a bigger issue here than tats. He is making alot of strange choices that are making you feel insecure. My husband did the same after he left the org. Of course, he went on the road as a bus driver for rock acts. So think of what your husband is doing and multiply it by 1000!!! I stuck around, mainly because of still being a Witness if I'm completely honest. So I let him make all his changes and become basically a new person. Now that I have left the org, I am not being afforded the same rights as I gave him. He, our kids, and his family are freaking out because I have left the confining box I was in for so long.

If he will agree, I strongly suggest marraige counseling. It will help you both figure out how to give the other person what they need right now, a time of major life changes.

I hate to agree with cab1000, but I do. For some reason a new partner goes along with such huge changes. So if you want him still, be prepared to fight.

Good Luck,

momz

• oompa
    oompa

summer WHINE, you are actully concerned about a tatoo??????? Enough to post about that instead of "he doesnt love me anymore????????"...........................oompa

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Enough to post about that instead of "he doesnt love me anymore????????"

oompa!!! That's a scary thing to face, let alone admit out loud! Sometimes we need to go around the block to get to our real destination.

momz

• oompa
    oompa

Momz, She said he said it, but it was not tops on the radar!.............................oompa

motorbikes??? midlife crisis???

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy
    Momz, She said he said it, but it was not tops on the radar!

Good Lord, how the he** did I miss that?????? Sorry oompa baby!

Um, summerwine. My advice changes. I hate to say it, but you may become one of the things he changes. Very likely in fact. He is giving all the signs of another woman. The "I don't love you anymore" and the "missed out" are the clinchers. Everything else is supprting arguement.

Sorry.

momz

• wings
    wings
    Recently my husband told me he didnt think he was in love with me anymore, decided he had missed out on what he really wanted to do with his life

My first husband told me something almost identical to this. Three days later I figured out he had a girlfriend. Those were hard times. We had been married at 18, I'm sure he did miss out, at the time we had three small kids.

If you ever want to chat, just send me a PM.

wings

• moonpie
    moonpie

I know how you feel. My hubby has two tattoo's one oneach arm and they are kind of nice, but he wants more. I just tell my self. That I love him for who he is not for what he looks like. See you:9828

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit