Update on Husband...

by cognac 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hi Cognac...

Sorry about your hubby... My wife is kinda doing the same... After her meeting today she told me "Why don't you just send your letter in?". She was tired of everybody asking "wheres your husband?" and wants it to stop by having an announcement made... I told her to have them call me and I'll tell them straight out...

Anyway, I imagine it's just as hard for your husband... probably when he goes to meetings or service everyone must be asking, "Wheres Cognac"?

A@G

• cognac
    cognac

Thanks gramma!

You always have such encouraging words. I just added you on myspace.

• cognac
    cognac
    Anyway, I imagine it's just as hard for your husband... probably when he goes to meetings or service everyone must be asking, "Wheres Cognac"?

I don't know how difficult it can be for him, I'm still going to all the meetings...

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I'm still going to all the meetings...

Ouch.. That really hurts.. My you are a submissive wife.... Once I decided to leave I decided not to make meetings anymore. The free time is great!

Hopefully you can break free at some point....

A@G

• oompa
    oompa

With him already knowing how you feel, how would he react if/when you say the words I did, "I have hung in there for as long as I cn, I just can't go to the meetings anymore?" The world nor my marriage has ended, and I really like the quiet time. .......................hang in there....................oompa

• penny2
    penny2
    I'm still going to all the meetings...

What a pain that must be!! You must be in turmoil at times. What about scheduling some quiet time away with hubby. Enjoy yourselves.

Then set a ground rule that you'll go with him on Sundays but nothing more. What can he do to you? Except make your life miserable for a short while but he'll get over it.

penny

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My advice is... Start smoking... Not cigarettes though, big fat Cubans (or their equivalent!) The big fat Kahlua soaked torpedoes are the way to go... Good glass of wine, deck, big fat cigar... Women smoking cigars is very very hot! Plus since you've not smoked before (I assume) the wine is going to go STRAIGHT to your head! So just sit there and ignore anything he says that's non sexual and smoke and enjoy...

If he starts talking sexy then of course jump him!!! (make him take at least one puff first!)

• penny2
    penny2
    My advice is... Start smoking...

NO, NO, NO!!!

Cognac, don't ever smoke. So many young JWs who leave do this but you'll regret it forever.

penny

PS - mkr32208, I'll assume you were joking. Phew!!!

• moshe
    moshe

Cognac, I am sorry your husband is having such a hard time seeing the forest for the trees. Good luck to you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey there Cognac. At least he looked into your woes and seems to care about your
    problems and wants a solution.

My wife deeply cares for me and pretty much agrees not to turn me in for pursuing a
    life separate from WTS, but part of it is that I am not open about my association with
    former members. Your husband seems to understand the loyalty of the marriage and
    it seems he won't turn you in.

My wife acts the dedicated JW, but without my full support she is showing her non-cult self
    more and more. She gets tired of trying to look like a good JW. Your husband should
    tire of it sooner or later. He'll go back to missing meetings and service.

That doesn't mean my wife will just leave WTS, but I hope. She or your husband might
    stay, but ought to get to be faded believers to some degree.

Is your husband going to cooperate with switching halls? Hows that going to go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit