Is there a big conspiracy to keep you poor?

by Mindchild 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    If it wasn’t the taxes, babes, or poor choices, then the cost of just getting by seemed to keep me from getting ahead.

Yes but they were your poor choices weren't they? I seem to have the opposite problem. I am currently paying full time tuition at university (plus books), rent/utilities/food/transportation, and support a 2 grand a year martial arts habit with chronic ebaying and still my savings account is growing in spite of the new computer purchased this spring. The key is not making poor choices ;p there is also enough money if you know what you want and only spend towards that.

• VM44
    VM44

I can say this from personal experience.

The Watchtower is wrong in always equating a college education and degree with materialism and wanting to be "rich"!

Very wrong!

But then, they don't care.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

What's up with all these 7 year old threads being resurrected from the dead? Weird.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

It's not a conspiracy.

Don't spend all your trying to get to meetings and service and either work a little more or go to school.

I concentrated on my career, started making money and got so much grief from elders who were stuck in their financial position.

Finally said screw it and I make a very good living. I am not afraid to work late or work on a weekend. I will go to happy hour with coworkers (showing up at the Christmas party pays off). And network at "unchristian" functions.

I had an elder admit to me the other day that he understood why I worked so hard because I have very nice material possessions while most others in our hall were worried about their job security.

It is amazing what happens when you look at things objectively.

h2o

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Although I may lose my job if I keep staying up this late posting on this site. LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, there is. The Fed is sucking your money in the form of income taxes (every penny of your income taxes is for the Fed, which is a private bank, and not to run the government or provide for defense or other services). They also create inflation, which is intended to take money from the average person and put it into their own pockets.

On top of that, the conspiracy is to keep you dumb and sick. The education system is crap (totally disjointed percepts being taught instead of being trained to integrate them). That will ensure that people are too dumb to see what's going on, and the Fed can keep swindling people out of their money and get away with it. They will also manipulate the elections so that any president will go along with them, and people will fall right in for it. Notice what happened to Ron Paul.

And sick. Sick people pay money to the big drug companies, helping them get rich at the expense of the average person. And it is a continual process--if they cured anything, they would not have people paying big bucks for allergy, asthma, diabetes, cholesterol, or psychiatric medication that has to be taken for life. So they do not want these diseases cured. And they tamper with the food so people will get sick in the first place and "need(??)" their drugs. Besides, sick people are more complacent toward the Fed because they are preoccupied with their health. If they were well, they would be more inclined to pay attention to the Fed and do whatever it takes to bring them down.

We effectively need to eliminate all those regulators that prevent the free market from putting real solutions on the market. If alternative health care, alternative energy sources, and healthy food were to become mainstream, it would help drive down prices. If the education system did not have to obey regulators but instead had to obey the free market, the quality would go up (a crap teacher would never survive) and people would be smarter. If the Fed were disbanded and instead the Government itself printed the money on a predetermined backed basis, inflation would stop. And we would all get richer, healthier, and wiser.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oops, looks like I'm seven years late

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit