Is there a big conspiracy to keep you poor?

by Mindchild 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

When I was a Witness, I often heard that if you left the “trooth” that you would become rich fast, have gratuitous sex constantly, become a drug addict and end up worshipping Satan. Man am I disappointed!!

It seemed for the longest time that there was a giant conspiracy to keep me a poor working stiff just above the poverty line, especially so when I was going to college full time. When I got out in the post college world, I found out how seemingly impossible it was to make more than a modest wage, without someone trying (and successfully) to take it all away from me? If it wasn’t the taxes, babes, or poor choices, then the cost of just getting by seemed to keep me from getting ahead. Strange isn’t it?

Just when you think you are getting ahead of the game, KABOOM! Along comes something else that screws you over and takes your money time after time. I began to notice with my friends that it didn’t seem to matter how much you struggle and strive, you never seem to get rich. Does this sound true or what?

So what am I doing, pissing in my beer? Well, I guess I’m asking if any of you are interested in changing that situation. Are you interested in making and keeping your money? I would like to explore and share ideas in this thread that some readers may find controversial or even shocking, but all have the point of doing something real to change this situation. I’ve learned a few things from several friends who are millionaires and things I’ve tried on my own that worked, and some that didn’t. I’ve also found other people have a lot of things to share and offer.

In fact, don’t you think it is a God damned shame that while we were all inside the Borg that there were lots of insider networks and job opportunities to be had if you were a dub, and now that we are out in the cold we don’t have squat? Maybe we can change that. What do you think?

If you have information you don’t want to make in a public post, please feel free to email me.

$kipper

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings." - William Shakespeare

• rekless
    rekless

I'm ready!

• rem
    rem

I've seriously considered marketing a pill called "Placebex" or "Placebanol" or something similar. The advertisements would have all kinds of anecdotal evidence and study data that it cures/prevents/relieves all of these ailments using the scientific "Placebo Effect". There are no side effects and scientists have been using this safe and effective remedy for years!

I've thought about marketting a cure all pill for the credulous for a while, but it just seems so unethical. The thing about this idea, though, is that you are not lying - you are basically telling them that the pill is a placebo! The order data could also give good information about who are the dumbest people in the world and we could sell the list to other unscrupulous marketing companies to make even more money. :)

People would have to be pretty dumb to buy it, but I think there are plenty in the world. There's a niche market for everything. I don't know if this idea has been tried before, but if anyone wants to do this - remember you saw it here first and I want dibs!!!!

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • bboyneko
    bboyneko

hmm... THe internet is the way to go. If you've got a good idea register a dot com and advertise advertise advertise. Low overhead and world-wide market reach make this option attractive.
    -Dan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Skipper ,I`m listening...OUTLAW

• JanH
    JanH

Skipper,

I'll listen to any idea with interest and skepticism. Indeed, knowing you as one of the better and more rational posters on j-w, I do trust this is not a stupid pyramid/chain letter scheme but a well thought out project. Keep in touch. I'm free to pursue any good idea, and am tired of economic constraints.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Guys,

Sorry was busy hauling suitcases of cash down to the bank to make a deposit...NOT!

Okay, I just want to assure Jan to start with that I don't have any chain letters, pyramid scams, or other such schemes (when I was a security consultant I knew of just about every one of those on the books) and I'm not going to advocate anything illegal, nor do I have the attitude of being a selfish bastard and being more than happy to screw anyone who stands in the way of getting rich. I should add that if you were hoping that I have a "get rich quick plan" up my sleeve as well, ...sorry those animals are few and far between and 99% of the time when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Having given all these warnings and assurances now, let's proceed to toss a few ideas around for making wealth.

I'm not going to apologize for some of things I bring up here. I say this, because I'm no stranger to making money and I've tried a lot of different things to see what works and what doesn't. Further, I learned that while many people might have either a lot of education or lots of street smarts, most of them have little or no economic IQ.

In this post, I will give you an example of this. When I was in my second year of college, I was lucky enough to get a rather unconventional professor who helped me see that your attitude is the most important thing about making money and keeping it. The very first day in our psychology class, he introduced himself and said that he wanted to start with a survey of why people were going to college. Most people answered it was for eventually getting a good paying job and career, and a few others said it was about having fun or nothing better to do. He then addressed all those who were going to school to make money and told us (I voted that way too) that we were all pretty stupid!

He showed us in the next half hour or so that if each of us would take the money we were spending on a college education and invest it, then quit school to become a garbage collector, that not only would we end up making more money than an engieer would in our working lifetime but we could retire earlier! He then suggested that the important thing about getting an education was learning how to learn and making contacts with other people that you can use in the future to enhance your careers.

So, in light of this, I'm wondering if there is some support for the idea of an ex-dub network that aims to cooperate together to make each member wealthy? What I have in mind is a little more than an investment club. I think we could also create a bartering program too. I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with either bartering or investment clubs but both of these concepts are tremendously helpful to all members and have matured through the years to work out the bugs and problems.

I have a lot of other ideas too, but I want to see how this idea floats for the time being.

Skipper

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings." - William Shakespeare

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Still listening...OUTLAW

• Julie
    Julie

REM,

Brilliant suggestion.

Julie

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

This post is just a continuation of my earlier post.

The second idea I want to bring up in wealth creation deals with learning NOT to play by the rules.

The rules to the traditional money making game are already well established and designed to keep the Rich richer and to keep everyone else in their place. The money game (and that is the way they look at it too) doesn’t favor the man on the street, and especially anyone who is good at following rules. If you follow the rules, you might as well bend over and kiss your wallet goodbye. LOL!

So, what I see that works is what is known as stepping outside the box. I’m not talking about a life of crime here; I’m talking about working around the rules.

Take taxes for example. Taxes are a wonderful invention to make everyone but you rich. In the USA, most people are aware that the top tax brackets are around 40% but this is really an illusion. When you start to investigate what you are really paying in taxes in this country (probably similar in the UK, OZ, and Norway) it comes out somewhere around 65% of all your income going for taxes! We have taxes on gasoline, taxes on everything from booze to sales taxes. So, the reality is that you could be paying 2/3 of your income in taxes!

I don’t think this probably really shocking news to any of you guys but maybe you are not aware that there are 100% legal and established ways to pay 0% taxes! I used to do privacy consulting on the Internet a few years ago and I worked mostly with wealthy clients who were willing to wheel and deal for my services and I did make some trades for information. I learned essentially three methods on the books to make you tax exempt, even in the USA. You don’t need to have an expensive lawyer or accountant to make use of this information. Further, I have been using it myself and know for sure it works.

I’m not going to post what this method is on a public board but if we get a group going like I was talking about, I’m willing to fess up for free about this.

Some people I’ve told about this get upset with me for finding and using such a loophole but hell the big corporations and the millionaires do it all the time. Further, I don’t need to defend myself from moral accusations about being unpatriotic and not feeding the homeless, etc. If you use this method and feel guilty about not helping your fellow man, you can simply contribute what you want to a charity.

Besides taxes, there are lots of other parasites out there that want to take away your money. These range from credit card debt to the high price of prescription drugs and health care for example. There are some ways you can moderate these costs. For example, I only use credit cards to make myself money. I never use them for simply everyday use. For everyday use, I use CASH and when that won’t work, I use a debit card.

Anyway, I’ve been through the school of hard knocks when it comes to credit and running up debts (I did this a lot in the past before I got smart) and learned a lot of useful information about cutting your debt in half almost instantly and how to get out of the hole.

To sum things up, with an ex-dub economic club we can network, exchange services, show each other different things we have learned and much more.

Any takers for this?

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit