Is there a big conspiracy to keep you poor?

by Mindchild 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

REM...sorry dude, someone has beaten you to the idea already and it is named The Watch Tower Bible & Tract Society!

Now, really you wouldn't want to create wealth for yourself by doing something that harms your fellow man do you? This is exactly what our former "brothers" did to us. It still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Besides that Rem, you don't want to be getting free room and board in the Gray-Bar Hilton do you? If we are going to con anyone, lets make it a point only to con the conners okay? LOL! That way I can sleep better at night.

BBoyneko...yeah using the Internet is a way to make money but you need to come up with a approach that doesn't immediately have a million clones. I have seen ways of using the Net for income but there are a lot of wannabe's out there who are going to crash and burn. That isn't a dance they intended to do. For example, I see tons of advertising for people to learn to be web designers. Yes, there is some market for this but as with everything else, pretty soon the market will be flooded with them (if not already) or software advances come along and change all the rules by making it easy for dummies to make their own web pages. You got to stay ahead of the curve to make money on the Net.

Bye the way Dan, did you get my email?

Skipper

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings." - William Shakespeare

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Hey bboyneko,

wanna buy a watch? .. how about some second hand dreams and worn out concepts? .. fishy religion burger? would you like half baked friars with that? .. please drive through..

unclebruce serving jehovah and anybody else who happens by

• Room 215
    Room 215

Sure, there's a conspiracy to keep JWs poor.

I've long maintained that by their constant crying of wolf, anti-intellectualism, anti-insurance, anti-retirement plan and anti-education policies, not to mention their glamorization of the lifestyles of those who squander their lives subsisting pennilessly in makeshift trailers or out of suitcases, the Society santifies financial irresponsibility.

Thanks to the non-eventuation of Har-magedon, they've tempered some of the most strident rhetoric, but there are echoes of it in virtually every month's Kingdom Ministry or Watchtower.

• DIM
    DIM

my wife and I make very good salaries for our age and we are saving alot of money and also buying ourselves things that make us happy. I don't believe that religion or specifically, Jehovah's Witnesses - especially in the year 2001 - have anything to do with your richness or poorness. its who you are as an indvidual and what you do w/ the knowledge that you attain. thats just my opinion.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• Room 215
    Room 215

C'mon, DIM......

You say you're 25 years old, and it would appear from your most recent post that you're married (no children, right?) you and your wife are young professonials, financially successful, and nobody's badgering you about materialism, not pioneering, serving ``where the need is great,'' etc., etc.?

How do you of all people duck the peer pressure?

Let me know where you go to meetings, and I'll join you! I just got back from a Circuit Assembly session where the Circuit Overseer was handing out bouquets of praise to young peope who turned their backs on normalcy -- in one case a talented young lady recounted how she just refused a $12,000-a-year scholarship to go pioneering ``because of the urgency of the times.'' Other youngsters on the platform for the same part were lauded because they quit full-time jobs to pioneer - all to the hearty applause of the audience.

These attitudes are among the reasons that demographic surveys cited here by other contributors show JWs to consisently rank among the lowest in terms of income and education. I hope the sweet young people they paraded before the Circuit Assembly audience bear not bitterness when revisited ten or 15 years down the road.

• mommy
    mommy
    Any takers for this?

I am listening Skipper
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Skipper,good morning from the Great White North!Hmmmmmmm,an X-dub information exchange,keep talkin...OUTLAW

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

One of the things I mentioned above was the idea of bartering services and more. It is hard to get a good estimate of how many x-dubs there are online that hang out at ex-dub sites but I've seen estimates range from a low of 5,000 to over 20,000. Regardless, in this growing community of people, there is a diversity of resources, knowledge and potential for economic benefits.

I'm already working out economic exchanges with several online friends and I'm thinking that lots of us may benefit from the same opportunity. To that end, I wanted to see what kind of interest there is in establishing a bartering exchange for all of us.

Bartering is of course trading something in exchange for something else without money being involved. There are several extensive worldwide networks already established that I encourage anyone to take a look at and use if they want. I think we can also do trades and exchanges in our own circle of friends and contacts.

If you like the idea, you may enjoy reading through just a few of the several websites dedicated to bartering:

. http://www.barternet.net/what.html
    . http://www.pioneerthinking.com/barter.html
    . http://www.ncbarter.com/home.html

You can find everything here from exchanging vacation homes to trading your services and skills for something else. In the past I've done things like install security systems in houses for getting to use their time-share condo for a week, to setting up offshore and tax free corporations in exchange for other services.

Currently, one of my occupations is professional book buying for major book wholesale companies. This means I know how to buy new books much cheaper than consumers can even get used books for. In the past, I've helped my friends buy new college textbooks for half price, savings them several hundred dollars a semester and have inside connections with the publishing industry to get books published, etc. If you wanted to get your book published as a regular paperback (the same as you see at any bookstore) and say sell it on the Internet, I can show you how you can save lots of money by doing everything yourself and spending only a few hundred dollars to get published and then make your books on demand for a few dollars each. I have helped a few people in doing this, and they make several thousand dollars a year from web based sales of their book. As with anything though, if your book is a stinker...you are not going to make that much money but at least you wouldn't be out the typical rates of $4,000-$16,000 charged by vanity press publishers.

I can also setup offshore foundations and corporations for individuals and within a few months, get them a line of credit to do business with. If you wanted to immediately qualify say for $100,000 in personal credit from American Express through this business, I can arrange for that as well. I also can arrange for getting you second passports (these are completely legal and are issued by governments) which have considerable economic advantages in making you a tax free individual along with several other benefits.

In addition to this, I can show you how to make yourself completely judgement proof, which protects you from any lawsuits resulting from accidents, business, or divorces, etc.

So, what do you have to trade?

Skipper

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves that we are underlings." - William Shakespeare

• DIM
    DIM

your points are all correct Room 215, I guess I just block out what everybody says to us and behind our back. I figure, I'd rather have 2 salaries than 1 and everybody who cares can go f**k themselves. only 3 1/2 months left in this religion.

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• VM44
    VM44

Just when one thinks they can save some money, gas prices climb to over $4.50 a gallon!

In the 1970's there was a television ad that was shown quite often called "The Lazy Man's Guide to Riches" written by someone named Joe Karbo.

I never have seen this book, but I have heard that it mostly about "Positive Thinking".

Anyone have it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit