What other toys should go in the bin?

by Switch 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Switch
    Switch

I wonder why the Society hasn't gotten around to playing cards as a negative pasttime. Or maybe they have and I missed it. Playing cards have such a strong connection to gambling and - quoting wikipedia "the composition of a deck of cards has religious, metaphysical, or astronomical significance".

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I wonder why the Society hasn't gotten around to playing cards as a negative pasttime.

When I was about 7 or 8, a sister came to our house and told me off for using playing cards.. She said just that, that the cards were from the devil...

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

There are so many Babble based dollies and games we could buy the kids.

The Midianite whore doll, so when you play at "ancient Israel" and stab her up the vagina like the high priest did, she squirts blood everywhere.

Or the Goliath doll - it squirts blood everywhere when you pretend to be David and cut off its head.

The Philistine soldier doll - when you are playing at David colecting foreskins to pay for your bride it squirts blood everywhere when you chop off its penis.

The Eglon doll - it squirts blood and shit everywhere when you stab it in the belly.

The Sisera Doll - squirts blood and brains everywhere when you stab it through the temples.

The crawling maidservant doll - crawls along the floor just like the girl who had been gang raped.

Then there is the Joshua outfit, great for playing Bible based battle games.

The Samson foxes - When you set fire to them they run around and around and around just like real terrified animals.

The Samson asses jaw, great for smashing those demonised Barbies.

The computer games are wonderful.

"Armageddon Angel" your task is to gain points by killing as many "incorrigibly wicked" babies and ordinary people in you slot of one minute thirty seconds.

"Jericho Stone Axe Massacre" Killing a Soldier= 100 points. Killing an old man=75. Killing an old woman = 50. Killing a mother BEFORE her children 40. Killing a mother AFTER you have killed her children 60. Killing children or babies 10 (they can't fight back)

You may be shocked by all of these - but remember this is the grade of violence children read about or are exposed to all the year round at the kingdumb Hell. Not to mention the lewd and libidinous facts, which can only corrupt their innocence around dolls.

HB

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

HB...LOL..

The crawling maidservant doll - crawls along the floor just like the girl who had been gang raped.

I agree, your toys are pretty gruesome... Does this one come in twelve interlocking peices so you can send it to the 12 tribes after you cut her up?

BTW, My wife had to give a talk about this subject in Gilead... It was about being hospitable, of all things....LOL

• loosie
    loosie
    Hula Hoops: Only to a certain age, then at adolescence, these should not be used. The hip gyrations could be seen as a simulation of sexual intercourse, and this would lead to unwholesome thoughts and acts! See article Re:"Is The Twist a Dance for Christians?"

That's hilarious.

Bicycles: If young single women or wives have access to bicycles, then this would grant them a measure of independence and the means to travel outside the watchful eyes of Fathers and Husbands. Caution must be excercised.

gotta stay close to the watchful eye,

• All_These_Kids
    All_These_Kids

The movie "ET" was produced by the Devil himself The WTBTS actually published an article in the Awake! that castigated that movie... "ET or Christ?" (8 July 1983, I think) OMG - I remember that, I wasn't allowed to see ET until years later...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Eventually, they will all go there. Even something as simple as a bouncy ball will take time that could be used for field circus. And children are supposed to be out in field circus instead of learning to play with those balls.

That also goes for colored pens and paper (takes from paying attention at boasting sessions), costume jewelry (distracts from the message), and just about anything else that people could have fun with. Fun takes time from field circus, and is therefore bad.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well...as toys go, I was an adult at age 30 when I came into the borg. But I was "dating" a JW guy who wasnt supposed to be seeing me and he made a point of telling me my BOWLING TROPHIES had to go if I was going to please Jehovah! He said they represented VANITY and an attachment to worldly material things and were BOASTFUL and I should get rid of them. And damned if I didnt DO it! I guess they seemed phallic to him or something LOL! I had one that I won that was an ALL CONFERENCE CHAMPION trophy that was no lie over 3 feet tall. But it was a "bone" of centention for this obviously very holy person who was so very much closer to God than I was...sitting there as he was, naked on the edge of my bed. So I obeyed.

He also said that my TAN and my colored HAIR were vanity and had to go....that I could no longer wear anything from my closet that had sphaghetti straps, heels higher than two inches or showed any tightness or cleavage. However I was wearing sprayed on jeans, four inch heels, a clingy top over my tanned body with my blonde 80s "hair up to JESUS!" do when he picked me up at that club. :-)

• dinah
    dinah

If you own a Barbie doll and a Ken doll, you can NEVER leave them alone under any ciscumstances.

Did anyone happen to catch that article in the Awake about video games a couple of months ago? It basically stated they were too violent and time consuming. The kids should spend their time studying the literature, not stealing cars killing hookers.

• dinah
    dinah

If you own a Barbie doll and a Ken doll, you can NEVER leave them alone under any ciscumstances.

Did anyone happen to catch that article in the Awake about video games a couple of months ago? It basically stated they were too violent and time consuming. The kids should spend their time studying the literature, not stealing cars killing hookers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit