The letter of changing the book study

by JWRESEARCH 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

again, and the real reason is........

• sacolton
    sacolton

... and yet, at the Assemblies we are treated to hear stories how one sister walked 30 miles to attend meetings. It's sickening to hear how they use the excuse for high gas prices (they haven't seen anything yet ... $150/barrel soon!). Where's the faith in Jehovah?

AND SINCE WHEN IS A NIGHT OF SPIRITUAL FOOD A BURDEN?!!!

Oh, the hypocrisy!

• sir82
    sir82

Adds that the GB wants to follow the 1st century example (not to add more burden) and quotes acts 15:5,28

This is the part that is so hysterical.

They admit that attending meetings 3 days a week is a "burden"!

But if a rank & file JW were to say something like that, he'd get shepherding calls every day for a month to "adjust his attitude".

Would still love to hear how this new arrangement fits in with the scriptural admonition to meet together "all the more so as you behold the day drawing near".

There will have been more than an hour chopped out of the weekly meeting schedule between 2007 and 2009. JWs will be meeting together far less in 2009 than they did in 2007. Does that mean "the day" is not drawing near?

And the item about "opposition" - priceless!

What's making life so difficult for them is that they keep shooting themselves in the foot and/or painting themselves in a corner with every revelation of "new light". If they'd stop being such idiots, they'd find the "opposition" far less onerous.

• DJK
    DJK
    Adds that the GB wants to follow the 1st century example (not to add more burden) and quotes acts 15:5,28

They should have included Acts 15:30 and 31

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yes, the "opposition" has it out specifically to make it burdensome to JW's. Gas prices, food prices, everything is in the state it's in because the "opposition" has put these matters in place to specifically make it more burdensome to the avg JW. (gag)

How about something really wasteful. a district assembly. Let's see that put to an end. I mean really. Hotel costs, driving to and from, having to pack lunches or eat out, the cost of the facility, the cost of transporting the speakers, it goes on and on.

• heathen
    heathen

obviously they are talking about the ruling powers making it hard on the cult. The french have classified them as a cult therefor they can't keep their tax exempt status .(oompa) Good points that they boast on how people in third world nations walk miles to meet up under the peril of bandits and wild beasts , I'm like , why don't they buy them some ATVs or something ? Now in the US they get a little pinch of hardship then they go into the end must be soooooooooooooooo close spin .

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder though if there are no book study groups if jws will be divided up and assigned to various elders to be monitored? A lot more people will be falling through the cracks.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Even more silly is that this doesn't take effect until January 2009 ... I guess Jehovah has a 8 month delay.

So, is the GB concerned for the R&F now or eight months from now?

Okay, so let's keep up the burden for eight more months, Brothers.

Crazy!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I wonder what the gb would say if a group of r&f said that it was no burden and continued to meet and study as a group.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How can the cost of travel be a reason? The idea of a group study is that it is local and close to home. People in villages may have a group in the village but travel to the main town for the Kingdom Hall.

I have to admit to being skeptical of this until I see it in print - it makes no sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit