What if they are about to "close the ark door"?

by Mickey mouse 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

"and possible changes in disfellowshipping policy."

Would you mind pointing me where you read that please, Mickey? Cheers.

• joebin
    joebin

Don't worry, you can always use the back door, many are leaving through it

• yknot
    yknot

Many things are going on within the corporation these days.

Decline in the major financial markets of the westernized countries, yet growth in under or newly developing countries.

A company who failed to recognize the winds of change both in the world but also with each success generation. The staple model of absolute allegiance and belief unchanged for generations no longer providing the protection from membership losses. The product (a hieratically religion dependent on large base of followers), message (1914, Christ enthroned, Armageddon approaching, to be saved you must & obey the WTS) and vehicle (publications and colporteurs) used to promote them losing relevance and believability.

The WTS relied too heavily in name brand recognition and blind customer loyalty.

Resistant to change the WTS finds itself lagging behind with each passing year. Older WTS leaders (the silent generation) are banking on estate bequeaths while the younger leaders (babyboomers) become worried about the viability of their own future within the crumbling WTS structure.

Will the slow changes keep the the WTS afloat long enough to collect and then embrace needed change to survive it's swim back to the shore or will it find itself embattled and taking on deficit?

"Closing the ark door" would be financial suicide, unless there is clear plan to fold. Whatever the intent based on speculation of the influence of Ted Jaracz (and superior healthcare for senior executives) expect to see a slow demise of treading water against a strong current over the next 10 to 25 years.

PS

The things being said by Losch are just advertizing slogan based hype used to create a sense of urgency to buy the product he is selling.

• blkblk13
    blkblk13

Im confused by this talk of the Org hemoraging funds or whatever. On one hand reports have come out as recently as last year that the WTBTS is a billion $ company. I know they have settled out of court a few times but usually when someone settles it's only for a few million. Nothing 2 break the bank when u have access to over a billion. Is there something Im missing? Even if that billion $ figure is networth including real estate holdings we know that could be easily liquidated espec in NY. Where does this idea that the Society is in dire financial straits come from?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If they "close the ark door", they better be sure to punch some air holes and have plenty of food, because they're going to be in there until they all die off.

blk - WTBTS still has lots of money and assets. However, they are a spending organization. They can, and do, go through money very quickly. I never had access to the books, but in some departments, we could tell when the money was coming in... and when it wasn't. Many of their cost saving measures also resulted in reduced income. Sorry I can't be more specific about details.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I don't think so, that's too final and doesn't really give them an out when the end doesn't come.

It's like the homeland security alert thing, it'll never go to red, because if a terror attack doesn't occur then they'll look like fools, and it will never go to green (blue?), becuase if a terror attack occurs then they'll look like fools, so it's always varying degrees of maybe. Saying the door to the ark is closed would be like Homeland Security going to an overall red condition.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Go ahead. Close the damn ark door. See what I care that I am not going to be in the new Dark Ages once the Ark lands.

I didn't want to have someone dictating every little thing I do forever, without allowing me the chance to ever have any fun or do any of the things I wanted. Instead, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger always keeping all the fun away from me. I would rather miss the damn ark and die--it would spare me rewarding Baghead Jehovah for giving me a stagnant life.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The unfortunate dubs in this ark will soon find out that it will quickly fall apart and sink in a flood should it ever happen whether real or symbolic. The ark is just a way to bring people in and exploit them it's all part of their mind control techniques operated under the guise of religion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Sacrificial Loon,

I agree with your comment that it is comparable to the Homeland Security situation with the red, orange, yellow alerts.

They would have to play this very carefully because it would make them look like absolutely barking mad fools if they were to yell that the ark door was to be closed and then nothing happened.

LHG

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think of them, the same way I would a business. In a business, when customer base is begining to leave too quickly. You reexamine your base, and try to build off that group and ignore the new. Maintianing your solid customer base, is what gets you through the hard econimic times. It might be something as simple as; lowering prices, giving discounts, etc. In the case of religion, it might be that you "change understanding" to allow for less meetings and perhaps less strict rules. Either way, if you loss your base, you lose you business or religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit