Local needs: 40% of the congregation are irregular at meetings

by truthseeker 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Excellent point Gayle:

'Frequency' of mind control it a strong tactic of cult success.

Since they don't believe that they are a cult, they don't realize how they are dramatically losing grip on their sheeple. Reducing the meetings, changing "this generation", telling visitors how to dress when at Bethel, and harping over-and-over on convention rooming/seat-saving/parking/dress/etc., they think it will help, but it won't.

B the X

• oompa
    oompa
    He even said that those who need to hear this counsel are those who are missing.

Maybe they should try direct mailers?...................oompa

and lack appreciation for sacred things.

so this prick can read hearts and can judge the level of appreciation?!?!? Dang he is goooooooood

• superman
    superman

You should consider your hall to blessed, hopefully you'll hit the 100% mark soon. The hall that I should be going to, is nothing but old-timers, so they'll probably always have a high attendance. But most of the halls with younger people, are going to be dying off in the coming future. with less and less young brothers "reaching out" to take the lead, and with the cost of living going up and more and more families having to have both spouses working (no-more stay at home pioneer wives). The numbers of everything are going to decrease. Plus it just seems like more-and-more people are sick of the 'Org' tightening the noose on everything they do, and they're finally saying 'F%#k it' and leaving.

• 5go
    5go

WOW this confirms a past thread I started. This was an outline used in the service meeting at my old hall not that long ago.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Sounds to me like people are getting smarter! And, they have found their joy in NOT going to meetings.

MMO

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here's hoping that the other 60% start skipping the boasting sessions, too.

I never found anything that resembles joy in the Witless religion. Go to all those boasting sessions to be told every little thing to do and that I cannot (which is just about everything that is fun). Go out in field circus, setting myself up for embarrassment and some of the most disgustingly puke-ugly men at the doors. Being told to just meet men at the a$$emblies, as a "reward" for sitting there for several hours (and getting a headache). Being hounded to only listen to the 225 Kingdumb Maladies. Everything joyful is being methodically weeded out.

No wonder people find joy out in the world. Some are damaged beyond repair by the Washtowel Slaveholdery, while others find the same problems in the world that the witlesses exploited to get them in (but at least now it isn't compounded by those Washtowel articles). But they are free to do fornication at will, to look at all those "bad" web sites, listen to "bad" songs, worship the sun celebrate Christmas, and not have to put their children through hours-long boasting sessions that last until past 10:00 PM on school nights.

• Borgia
    Borgia

I recall the BS to be the particular meeting to have the lowest attendance. By shuffling the BS into the TMS/SM meeting which has a slightly higher attendance rate the effects are obvious. Next year we will read something to the effect of Jehovah has blessed the new arrangement because the attendance at the BS is up! Continue to zealously.....yeah...whatever.

Cheers

Borgia

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not surprising, people must be bored to death hearing the same old monotonous stuff time and again. And the mindset of it, for ever criticisms, pointing out problems and offering "advice" on solving them but never one real practical solution to anything.

Fortunately the inspiration has totally gone out of the FDS and all they can offer is boring and dull old stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit