Dreams yet to be realized.....

by wings 34 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings
    (I thought it was. But it wasn't).

Me too. It is not too late.

Sometimes the dream is something you don't yet realize. Or something you think you are not "willing" to accept...
    Sometimes the dream... stares you right in the face.

Nice thought.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

dreams change all the time. But I've carried out some of my dreams - I have walked on the great wall, and I've seen the terra cotta soldiers and I've gone to Tahiti, lots of things. My current dreams have to do with straightening out my financial world and having more time for family and friends. I'm tired and I want to take life easy for a while, enjoy the now instead of always putting my joy off until later.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I want to travel. Really want to see Rome, Ephesus, The Grand Canyon, Pompei, Egypt....I have so much to do!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    enjoy the now instead of always putting my joy off until later.

Women tend to do that, as we are the nurturer's. Its after the children are gone that you realize you have some me time.

hope4others

• spanteach
    spanteach

I want to see the world...literally. I've been to a handful of cities in Europe and I've been to Mexico, but I still have so much to see. Asia, Africa, South America. Um...haven't decided on Australia yet. This summer will be my great American cross-country road trip. So yeah, I am gradually realizing my biggest dream.

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

A man found an eagle's egg and put it in a nest of a barnyard hen. The eaglet hatched with the brood of chicks and grew up with them. All his life the eagle did what the barnyard chicks did, thinking he was a barnyard chicken. He scratched the earth for worms and insects. He clucked and cackled. And he would thrash his wings and fly a few feet into the air. Years passed and the eagle grew very old. One day he saw a magnificent bird above him in the cloudless sky. It glided in graceful majesty among the powerful wind currents, with scarcely a beat of its strong golden wings. The old eagle looked up in awe. "Who is that?" he whispered in wonder. "That's the eagle, the king of the birds" said his neighbor chicken. "He belongs to the sky. We belong to the earth--we're chickens". So the eagle lived and died a chicken, for that's what he thought he was. . .

pretty much sums up my life till I got out of the Kult My dream not realised due to the mind f**king . . . become a good enough guitar player to make a living at it. I was pretty much marked in the Kult my whole life because of my love of music and my playing the guitar. My future dream to realize . . . . A couple of years to visit and spend considerable time at all the places of mystical/spiritual power on this planet: Uluru (Ayer's Rock) the Pyramids, Karnak Temple, Angkor Wat, Stonehenge, the Nazca plateau, Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Chichen Itza (Mexico), Teotihuacan, Istukushima Shrine, Mecca, The Great Wall, Chartres Cathedral, St Peters Basilica, Old Jerusalem, the Parthenon, Ajanta and Ellora Caves, Bagan Temples, Gateway to the Sun (Bolivia), St Georges Church (Ethiopia), etc. . . you get the idea. I still struggle with depression sessions of monumental proportions. It's really sad because I do have many things to be thankful for, an awesome job, a spouse who loves and supports me in everything I do, but the root of my sadness is that my family has been torn asunder by these spiritual thugs. I have no relationship with my brothers, my adult children, or my parents.
  • wings
    wings
    This summer will be my great American cross-country road trip

Me too!!! Where are you going?

• spanteach
    spanteach

wings, the more appropriate question, is where am I NOT going? I live in South Carolina and I'm making a big loop around the country, all the way to California. I'm very excited.

• wings
    wings
    wings, the more appropriate question, is where am I NOT going? I live in South Carolina and I'm making a big loop around the country, all the way to California. I'm very excited

Are you going alone?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Well, soon after I got married and while I was still a full JW, I decided I wanted to go back to school. It became my dream to get a college degree. I excelled, and got my BS with the help of my wife. I'm now in grad school and also working full time. I'm not living my dream yet, though... things change, and ever since I dropped out of the "truth" I've realized i can follow my dream of being a professional writer (i.e. making money at it). I'd love to spend a couple years in a good MFA program so I could have the time to write, but we'll see. In the meantime I'm stuck writing on weekends, late nights, at work (shhh, don't tell anyone), etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit