Dreams yet to be realized.....

by wings 34 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Wings,

Absolutely!

But if a dream doesn't come along be ready for a rough ride into where they don't even exist!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Honestly, I don't know right now. I've spent pretty much my whole life taking care of others, I never really had the time to sit down and think about what MY dreams were, I was busy helping others fulfill theirs. Maybe once I get over this "hurdle" I'm facing right now, I can focus on my dreams, once I figure out what they are lol.

BB

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I would love to have some really solid dreams. I don't want much of anything. Not "satisfied" per se, just not desirous of anything in particular. I'd like to learn to juggle. I'd like to entertain people. I'd like to be financially secure. But I'm not passionate about any of it. I can't think of a single thing that once obtained would make me feel anything beyond, "Oh, that's cool. Yeah. I like that."

Maybe the "entertain people" one. Can that be my dream? I'll pencil it in for now.

Dave

• wings
    wings
    Maybe the "entertain people" one. Can that be my dream? I'll pencil it in for now

I loved your hot dog stand dream job. I don't even know what you really do for a living, but that seems fun, and "entertain people" could venture beyond JWD (which we appreciate).

I'm older, so my dreams are regrouping.....I want to travel to exotic places (maybe foreign is a better word), and cook food. Maybe a small cafe on the beach somewhere. Simple life.....is that possible?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> Maybe a small cafe on the beach somewhere. Simple life.....is that possible?

MMMmmmmm... that DOES sound nice. Especially the "simple" part.

Dave

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I feel that this topic is a major reason why JWs don't understand exJWs pain!

They just don't see how they stole all their dreams due to their still living a complete delusion they think you need to go back to.

And reasoning or thinking about the stalemate is as bad as WT essence itself - loaded with despair and false promises.

I'm not sure it is healthy to expect any dreams? Life is more of a daily chore one needs to meet when it arrives!

If anything changes let us know - we'll be pleased to know about it!

• chickpea
    chickpea

i have dreams AND goals....

i think it was a sound bite on dr phil several years ago ( i wasnt watching, just scanning, with that last cuppa joe before i had to pick the kids up from school... REALLY!).... anyway.... his statement was that the way to differentiate between a dream and a goal is to have a plan.... and if there is a plan, it is a goal..... if it is just something we talk about but never potentiate with a plan, it isnt likely to occur

right now i am slogging thru a diploma program and having to work harder now than i ever have..... but in june 2011, my youngest will graduate from high school, and i will have earned an additional diploma in holistic health practices......

there will be a period of volunteer service abroad ( learning french with the rosetta stone program to have broader qualifications)

then hopefully opening a storefront in a larger and more diverse demographic area.....

that is the 5 year plan anyway!!

emigrating to NZ is still a dream.... but not sure how that can happen as we have crossed the half century mark, so we are not exactly the immigrants they are looking for.... and we dont have $11 million to invest!!!

• wings
    wings
    I'm not sure it is healthy to expect any dreams? Life is more of a daily chore one needs to meet when it arrives!

RC, not sure what to say. I think if I give up on my dreams, I might as well just go to sleep forever. I know about the daily chores of life. My dreams move in step with that. Reality is a hard thing to break through, but I have to believe it is possible to make my dreams (even if I make them little bitty so it works).....REALITY.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I imagine some exJWs who lose whole families maybe feel the despair of finding new dreams?

Just a hunch I have.

And I pressume ones who lose most of their family in conflict have more problems on how to create a positive future vision of daily life?

Plus ones whose life is derailed by disabilities and rejection.

It's a relativity thing most likely - maybe?

I do know, that for some, life dreams are to be had whilst sleeping!

• Currientology
    Currientology

Seize the day....
    It's never too late (I thought it was. But it wasn't).
    Sometimes the dream is something you don't yet realize. Or something you think you are not "willing" to accept...
    Sometimes the dream... stares you right in the face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit