Dreams yet to be realized.....

by wings 34 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

This topic was inspired by oompa and his sail boat.

On the other hand I am stuck in this room with my mother, and have a long night ahead of me and need some entertainment.

For you younger posters, I would love to hear from you because you have time to make your dreams real.

For the older ones, I would like to know how you reconciled dreams lost, dreams still out there, and what you are left with.

wings (of the middle aged posters) (with dreams yet to be realized)

• oompa
    oompa

I used to be such a dreamer....and creative in many ways. This past few years have been so bad, and I don't really dream anymore. But for so much of my life I wanted to live on a boat and came soooo dang close having owned one large enough to. You don't have to be rich to do this, for those who read sailing magazines like Cruising World we know many many couples just make it happen. I have the means and have lost the dream.....oompa

and nice speaking with you today wings......good luck too

• wings
    wings

Are dream important to us? Or is reality the only thing that matters?

• oompa
    oompa

Geeze girl, I'd much rather stick to the dreams!!!.........oompa

• wings
    wings

You must not be an atheist....(Oh, now I'm asking for it)

• oompa
    oompa

I am, at the moment, very agnostic. I so love the intricacies of nature from the microscopic to the universe....just amazing.....so I see design and intelligence there, just can't help it.....but wtf their plan was if any is beyond me, and they sure ain't doing much lately..........oompa

ps- I think you just hi-jacked your own thread!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That is a tough question Wings!

Many here know they have had dreams supplanted by WT EGO DREAMS and then demolished on leaving.

Many have no way to visualise new dreams and are simply picking up pieces of their past life whilst yet more damage continues to radiate through their lives!

Maybe the question could be:

When do you feel you will pick up all your pieces and halt further personal destruction?

That is the turning point on which dreams can begin to appear!

• wings
    wings
    I think you just hi-jacked your own thread!

Maybe, I was a better dreamer when I believed in God. Now that I'm not sure, my dreams seem more vague.

• changeling
    changeling

Middle aged dreamer here!

Here is my list:

1- Whale watching. Not just any whales, really BIG whales. Sperm whales or Blue whales. And not just watching but being in a boat really close while they go into a feeding frenzy.

2- I want to live in Europe for a year or so and travel every country extensively.

3- I'd like to go to China and walk upon the Great Wall and sail the Yangzee River.

That about sums it up.

changeling :)

• wings
    wings

When do you feel you will pick up all your pieces and halt further personal destruction?

That is the turning point on which dreams can begin to appear!

RC, that is so true, can the dreams be what halts the personal destruction?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit