Why does BETHEL NOT ALLOW district and circuit overseers to get-together.

by yesidid 28 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Apology accepted.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I wasn't aware of this, but if any reason could be suggested it might be to show who really holds the power over them and thats of course the boys in Brooklyn

a hidden pyramid of power is in place, that has to be noted.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Apology accepted

You're really quite cute.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    might be to show who really holds the power over them and thats of course the boys in Brooklyn

a hidden pyramid of power is in place, that has to be noted.

That really clicks with my experience.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I've often wondered if they meet up unofficially, the possible reason why the top brass objected could be the possibility of leaks, CO/DO's have access to large amounts of sensitive info(child abusers) and are often at the branch offices of their country, also they are a very competitive,arrogant,haughty,jumped up group of men probably an event where you'd like to be a fly on the wall.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I agree w the guys who say that they keep them apart for security reasons. Controler/user types keep like their victims separated. Victims, if they get together and start comparing notes, bonding, airing grevances etc, can easily slip their harnesses and kick up a fuss. Then, control is lost.

S

• happy2bfree
    happy2bfree

Victims, if they get together and start comparing notes, bonding, airing grevances etc, can easily slip their harnesses and kick up a fuss.

Satanus, I would definately go along with that observation.

• BadBettie
    BadBettie

Its news to me. I've sat in a restaurant with a CO a DO and a PO post assembly.

It was actually a really bizarre experience.... and outside of that weirdness it was kind of funny how all at our table [it was huge as there was family too] had this big over inflated air of importance...and the staff and surrounding tables just looked at us oddly because of that.

I probably shouldnt mention it in public forums if they can get in trouble heh heh.

• yesidid
    yesidid

MadBettie,

The occasion to which I refer was not just a couple of CO's and or DO's having a meal out after a convention.

This was to be a Monday afternoon/evening get-together of about five or six (forgotten exactly) CO's and a DO

and their wives, at the home of the Witnesses with whom the DO was staying.

Head office found out, and it was quashed.

y

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit