Why does BETHEL NOT ALLOW district and circuit overseers to get-together.

by yesidid 28 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In the Army it is called "FRATERNISING" with the men of lowere ranks and is a no no.

They might be reluctant to send them into battle or to their deaths if they see tham as anything other than a resource.

Remember the Witchtower can and often does, pull the rug out from under the feet of the R&F, and will use the DOS and other higher overseers to do their filthy footwork.

If a DO is ordered to get out the long knives and start a series of "war crimes" executions on the congos, he might be reluctant to do so if he sees the CO and POS as real friends, rather than another robot resource for the Borganization.

Just look at how elders who are good friends often protect each other and their kids from DF even if it were deserved.

On another thread I suggested that the WT is now discouraging close friendships, this would appear to be part of the same trend.

HB

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

If there's any group in the Watchtower universe that is ripe for apostasy, it's gotta be the middle managers. They're the ones that see, up-close-and-personal, full-time, the ugly reality of the local congregations, and thus they more than anyone else must see the stark contrast between how it really is in JW-land and how the deluded octegenarians in NYC imagine it is (just open up a Watchtower with a staged photo of a local congregation in action to see what I mean). Can't be a good thing to get these guys together.

• VM44
    VM44

Because bad association spoils useful habits?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Was it possibly a bad excuse by the DO because he wanted to
    hobnob with some richer JW members?

Interesting OTWO, but I know that not to be the case.

In fact the DO was very upset when he was ordered to cancel.

He really knew how to pull off that excuse and make the lowly publisher feel important.
    Good job, DO.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

They don't allow it because Bethel doesn't follow what Jesus said to do, ". . .For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.. . ." (Matthew 18:20)

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

sorta off topic yet related... circa 1974 or so... I was in the Mid South Colluseum aroung 6 30 AM... Dad was captain of a stand so we were getting things ready.

I wandered to the main room...heard some music. A local Bro named Jackson and a CO named Thomas if I remember right... well Jackson was on a Sax and Thomas was at the piano... they were improvising jazz and blues...I just found a corner and watched and listened.

At the time I thought that was way cool... two guys letting it all out . As Joe Average Publisher-kid seeing humanity and joy coming out of these to guys was great to see and hear. Little did I know that stuff like that would get the evil eye from the top.

Hill

• yesidid
    yesidid
    He really knew how to pull off that excuse and make the lowly publisher feel important.
    Good job, DO.

With due respect OTO, I know that brother very well. You don't.

What you say is totally without foundation, and completely wrong.

As ex-witnesses, we like to associate on this board because we have our common experience as a bond.

It is quite understandable that their common experience would form a bond.

Why is it many have to impute bad motives to all witnesses particularly those in higher positions?

I know of two DO's and six CO"s who have left. Then there was Ray Franz.

They are good people now, they were good people then. They, like we two, were misled.

yesidid

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

With due respect OTO, I know that brother very well. You don't.

What you say is totally without foundation, and completely wrong.

As ex-witnesses, we like to associate on this board because we have our common experience as a bond.

Lighten up, please. Sorry if my jabbing poked you in the eye.

There is no RULE that CO's and DO's cannot socialize as a group or
    as separate entities with others. It is possible that someone thought
    the whole thing looked isolationist, DO with the CO's, but there is no
    RULE.

Because I am confident that there is no rule, I threw out a possibility
    and responded with a joke to your response. Now my common
    experiences and bonds with others here is questioned. I think there
    are more jokers that will bond with me, than non-jokers who cannot
    take a jab here and there.

Do I impute bad motives to the higher uppers? Maybe. They are
    trained YES men who will put the organization before the individual.
    Do I really think he wanted to go to dinner with a rich JW, NO. As
    long as someone was paying for his meal, I imagine he didn't care
    who it was. But when CO's and the DO have a get-together, where
    do they send the expense receipt to and who picks up the check until
    then?

I will be the first to hug a CO or a DO when he asks for help to get out
    of the cult. Even my last CO who totally botched my resignation from
    the BOE and imputed bad motives to me.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    There is no RULE that CO's and DO's cannot socialize as a group or
    as separate entities with others.

I'm so delighted we have someone in our midst who has access to HQ's rule book.

If, in the future, we have any questions pertaining to little known rules you, with all your inside experience, will be our reliable source.

• TheListener
    TheListener

COs and DOs getting together? That can only spell bad things for the WTS.

Limited association is, of course, excepted. For instance, several COs attend a District Convention and they can secretly meet each other in the bathroom to discuss spiritual matters.

Or when a CO and DO visit a host congregation. They are free to fraternize with any who can afford it. Of course, you have to follow the two conflicting lists of special dietary requirements. Which basically means you serve them lobster and filet mignon.

I once saw a gathering of COs and DOs. It was at a parking lot near a Denny's restaurant. I would swear I heard them talking about disfellowshipping a brother and his family over their poor choice of restaurants.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit