Reasons for change in meetings and book study

by JWRESEARCH 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 5go
    5go

My $3.50 says it's gas prices.

• joebin
    joebin
    You've told us virtually nothing about yourself

Why would it be necessary for him to do so. Isn't anonymity ok here?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thankyou JWRESEARCH - please keep the information coming and your identity secret. Inofrmation is always eventually proved accurate or otherwise.

• Guest39
    Guest39

I've read JWR's first post on this topic a couple of times, and I how I read it is that this was HIS idea of what and how the announcement would be made. I didn't read to me as though he had inside information, just an opinion.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

JWR - If your scoop turns out to be true (and at this point I have no reason to believe it won't), you will have instant credibility.

Let me ask you, why do YOU think they're making this change? Lots have opined on the 5 million or so threads your announcement has spawned. I'm interested in your take.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    You've told us virtually nothing about yourself

Why would it be necessary for him to do so. Isn't anonymity ok here?

Hey... Anonymity is great but I am like Minimus... A new poster comes on and tells us a lot of inside scoop.. Is it real or jerking my chain. I think it is on the level and this weekend will tell but I wouldn't mind a little more insight.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Hah! If they spin it as gas prices then I think they should bring it back once they return to "normal". Maybe whatever the price of gas was in 1975. Wait... wasn't that pretty expensive adjusted for inflation? Nevermind.

I think the liability issue of private homes has intriguing possibility as a REAL reason.

-- Not Fueling It

• joebin
    joebin
    Is it real or jerking my chain

In this case it was a new member with inside info, I would use the wait and see approach. Since others have confirmed his allegations, no need to find out more or push him to reveal more about him/her.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Well, one nice thing about bookstudies in private homes was that they were usually reasonably close to the homes of people who went to them. So the gas cost for getting to the bookstudy would not be enormous.

I go with liability of having people in private homes as well as CONTROL -- no room for people to have real discussions and becomes actual friends and share information. It could also be that they want to cram more congregations into existing KHs and this will give them leave to do that.

Also, reducing the study to 25 minutes probably means that they won't read the paragraphs, and they certainly won't have much time for discussion.

Thank you, JWR, and I for one believe everyone deserves their privacy (especially here).

Ruth

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

It appears to me that with the flood of people out the back door of this loony religion, that the WT is just tightening it's grip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit