Reasons for change in meetings and book study

by JWRESEARCH 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I think they are running out of BROTHERS to RUN those bookstudies. When all you have left at the end of the day is a home schooled pimple faced teenaged boy left to run the bookstudy who can barely read let alone understand and interrpret what he is supposedly teaching...

The other way to look at it is they are tightening their control once again. The bookstudies were too loosey goosey and were an open invitation for people to interject their <gasp!> opinions on things and introduce thoughts that werent in the Mind Control GuideBook For "Revelation Have We Climaxed Yet?"

LD

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

Sorry for the delay, but i could not be in front of a computer for almost a day!

For those who asked - yes i am an elder. In the future i might say here why can anyone still be an elder. For me there are (still) more than one reason.

This is the motif for not giving details about myself - i apologise for that.

I do not defend the mistakes of WT and i do not believe in a lot of basic doctrines (as 1914, the 144000, these last days, and a few more)

Altought my research is now in the second year, i still learn and obtain new informations every week.

This forum has a lot of information, in particular in psychology and sociology domains.

I am grateful to everyone that shares their experiences and information here, and this was my little contribution.

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "Garybuss ... Do you remember when they discontinued this practice?"

No I don't. I mostly quit book study night when I was 18 and started working in a bakery. I had to get up at 3am. Yawn, scratch . . . fart . . .

• aniron
    aniron
    I think they are running out of BROTHERS to RUN those bookstudies

Interesting point. In my old congregation before I left there was 9 book groups. Now there are 6.

This could be because in the past couple of years 3 Elders resigned.

Also numbers have dropped when the group was at my house we would at the peak get 30 people, it was 20-25 before I left. Now I hear that that same group is down to 8 people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit