Mac or PC?

by wings 25 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

So I have a decent computer. HP, nice Sony monitor. When my dad passed I inherited a new Mac.

Well I don't need two computers, I use to have a Mac....12 years ago, then I bought a business and had to learn PC. Now I don't know how to use a Mac.

I'm old enough to not want to learn something if I don't have to. My kids all say, take the Mac.....just wondering if any of you had any opinions?

wings

• Zico
    Zico

JWD hates Macs. :(

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I work on a Mac at the office, a PC at home.

The Mac is sexier, but I have some problems with it, like I can't do a lot of stuff on this site, such as bold or ital. That could be Firefox.

Hell, I'm no help. Do like your avatar though.

S4

• wings
    wings

I'm beginining to understand this. I had a poster send me her email through another posters PM. Says she can't PM because she is on a Mac.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I want a Mac book air. I fiddle with it in the store whenever I'm at the mall.

• 5go
    5go

A lot of my die-hard PC fanatic friends are finally giving up. They don't want to eat the big vista sandwich and talking about getting a mac.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    A lot of my die-hard PC fanatic friends are finally giving up. They don't want to eat the big vista sandwich and talking about getting a mac.

Yep. Vista sucks. We are holding off deployment as long as possible. Burn

• wings
    wings

Haven't had to deal with Vista. XP, 98, I know well.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Macs are not liable to viruses and don't have security issues like PCs running on windows do since hackers simply can't get to them because they are securely designed. But there may be some limitations when it comes to the software and hardware they can use.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Me - HP laptop

Hubby - Mac Mini and Hp laptop, running at the same time. Don't ask, I have no idea why they're networked and running together...it's too techie for me.

P.S. Let the kids have the Mac, it's user friendly and it won't get any viruses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit