I Feel Lost

by insearchof 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AddaGirl
    AddaGirl

Welcome insearchof,

I too am a newbie. Circumstances differ because I am an unbaptized almost former student looking for the truth but dealing with the confusion that the JWs teach and perpetuate is the same. I have found just by reading the posts, saying nothing, that this group of people listens very well and when you ask specific questions that are really bothering you, you will get responses meant sincerely to help you find information that may get you on the right track or help you find your own thoughts just by venting your confusion. Keep coming back. You'll find a certain peace in that you are not alone. There are many of us looking for "the truth."

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is unavoidable!

WT JWs are full time counsellors at disabling the lives of those who move on.

They make it a life work!

Disabling exJWs is their recreation.

Find people who take you as you are and not some Highly Financed Puppet Show!

That is all they are! Being made an elder gives one a few strings to pull on!

But their reality is fake - a lie! Better lost with yourself than become JW food IMO.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi insearchof,

Welcome to the forum.

I was born into the JW's. On the point of feeling lost, I now consider the aim of trying to find "the truth" a strange thing to do. There are things that we, as humans, just do not and likely will never know. I am now trying to be happy to accept myself for who I am, and work with the world I find myself in rather than against it.

In case you want to find the truth out about the JW view of the bible, I recommend the following book:

How to Read the Bible: History, Prophecy, Literature - Why Modern Readers Need to Know the Difference, and What It Means for Faith Today

It doesn't seek to destroy faith in Christianity, but it does put right the fundamental misunderstandings of groups like Jehovah's Witnesses that lead to disappointment.

All the best with your journey. Stay true to yourself.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Welcome to the board - you will find people here that have gone through the exact same feelings. We were all lost at one stage - I think especially when I eyes were opened to certain facts, you feel like you're floundering and don't know where to turn.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi insearchof,

The realisation that you brought your kids up believing something that you, now, no longer believe, can be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Talk to your father.

Be honest about your your doubts about the WT, but be very non-confrontational about it.

Please understand that it wasn't his fault that he brought you up with WT teachings. He was just as much a victim as you were.

Welcome to the forum.

Chris

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello insearch of, good luck on your journey.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Welcome!

I'll send you a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit