Need your support now more than ever

by tooktheredpill 47 Replies latest jw friends

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Good luck TTRP. I really hope this works out well for you! ~IMM

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am really sorry to hear how things are turning out for you. Whatever happens, you have had your say, and that is important. If you are disfellowshipped it will be very difficult for you at first, but it is the best way to move on and grow. Hopefully over time your family will prove to be stronger than the cult and still treat you as family should.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Guys: I appreciate your comments and support. It's been an "emotional rollercoaster" for me and my wife. We've been talking a lot. The Elders hasn't called us yet, but if it happens, I think that we will write a DA letter, instead of meeting with them. I'm not going to permit that my wife pass through a Judicial Comitee. It is the most degrading, self-esteem killer process that I know.

It is incredible how the WT works. A Pedophile can stay in "good standing"in the congregation, because the lack of "2 witnesses". In the other hand, a couple like us, that have dedicated all our lives to this organization, that really believe in God and want to be "real christians", then WE are "apostates", "bad associations" and all sort of terrible things... It's the worst nightmare you can imagine.

We've been praying constantly, in order to know what to do. It hurts deeply to know that we will lose our family and friends. Their love has been "conditioned".

Please, keep praying for us.

• dawg
    dawg

You have my support, so does your Dad... Go to the committee and remove your good name from the ranks of fools. Save your name, it's all you have, and then tell your Dad that you love him, and feel that the spirit of God himself wanted you to remove your good name from this JW cult.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LOL oh wow! You guys got balls. Love it! I guess its hard to keep a good secret huh? Dont worry, getting DF'd isnt as bad as they make it sound.

Good luck!

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Not a nice situation at all, and your mom thought she was doing the 'right thing' of course. My situation is similar, my dad is the PO, and my mom is upstanding JW.

My prayers are with both of you. You will be protected along the way.

But cross the bridge when you get to it. Maybe nothing will happen.....

Agent Smith

• reniaa
    reniaa

From the sound of things you were already on your way out, maybe thats why you spoke to your Mil innitially subconsciously bringing things to a head, see this as an opportunity to face what you want head-on.

DA is a good option if you want to avoid JC although you can just refuse to go to JC anyway, the only reason to put yourselfs through a JC is if part of you want to stay being in the JW's despite your doubts etc.

I also agree with the poster who says your Mil motivation maybe from love in different way to your elder father trying to protect you in the only way she knew how, try not to hold it to much against her if you both already having major doubts, bringing things out at this time maybe is what your subconsciouses want.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Tough time. Really sorry for you. And maybe if you don't want certain things to happen you can play your cards accordingly as some have suggested.

You know you're doing what you believe is right, and you have each other. Now no one else can take those things away from you.

• yknot
    yknot

Prayers for you both, and....... for mother to 'see the ".

• Plummet
    Plummet

My Good vibes are being sent your way, I hope it all works out in the end. Not to sound like a half glass full kind of guy but, it sounds like you at least have your wife to support you and you to support her. Many here don't even have that, you are truly lucky. You are also very fortunate to have a father who will not turn his back on you. Good Luck, You are fortunate and free of the bonds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit