I predicted a big change to the book study arrangement just over a year ago

by yadda yadda 2 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Ok, so tell us, when is Armageddon coming?

• Lizzie
    Lizzie

Hi, Im new to the site, stopped going to meetings a couple of years ago. Whats the change to the bbok study been?

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I predict that all of the GB will die without seeing thier delusions of granduer being fulfilled.

Lizzie, Welcome. I'm a newbie too so it still seems odd to say "welcome" when I haven't been here long myself. Kinda like getting used to saying "Happy Birthday" or "Bless You".

Anyway. there are exactly 314.159265 separate threads about the dissolution of the book study as a separate meeting and its incorporation into the School and KM meeting. So, there, I summarized it so you don't have to find one.

-Not Dying For It

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Journey-on, yes I am indeed the same person as the original yaddayadda. I shifted address, changed ISP, and lost my password and the administrators couldn't help. I am also Must obey! but decided to go back to my old name, but mark II.

And yes there will be some fairly major tweakings to the disfellowshipping rule in the years ahead.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

And yes there will be some fairly major tweakings to the disfellowshipping rule in the years ahead.

Let me guess....faders are disfellowshipped after a certain period of time of non-meeting attendance?

• mvs
    mvs

Hello - I am new to the Forum and continue to be an active witness for family reasons - I heard someone say that there are three classes of witnesses now - Anointed, Great Crowd, and the Conciencius Class, I am the latter one. Anyway, does anybody have or know the details of these book study change? Date announced, time, or even a posting somewhere on the net? I really would like to see the source. Thanks in advance, and I hope to make new friends! MVS

• Island Man
    Island Man

" Maybe the Bethelite monitors took your post as a suggestion!"

You know how some companies conduct exit interviews with employees who leave? Well we know that JWs wouldn't speak with ex-members to conduct an exit interview so what's the closest thing to this that the organization can hope for? Could be reading comments and experinces on apostate forums like these?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I am impressed that you predicted this, yadda yadda. It's almost a little... too accurate. But I won't pry into what connections you may have

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Very nice.

However, on a more practical front, do you have any particular pics for stocks or mutual funds in the upcoming year?

Rub a Dub

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Nice !

I have been saying for some years that the literature will be made available online for printing yourself and that harcopy literature will reduce. When I first heard of 'JW.ORG' it also sounded like PR speak to me and I assumed they were heading for a re-branding, I was suprised to see this go so far as shops called jw.org, posters in USA with JW.org on buildings and now these town centre carts. I truly believe it was to divert from google traffic. They forget how easy it is to tag everything with JW.org. In fact we should use that term far more often ;) x

Predicting the future is as simple as ...

1) assume it is just a human orgaisation

2) like every human organisation, finances and brand are the most valuble asset

3) any future changes will protect said finances and brand

Now look at the organisation and have a guess at what you would do to save cash and protect the brand....

e.g. increase fear of leavers, increase fear of secular information on the organisation and it's doctrines, sell branches, reduce number of assembly events, reduce size of literature, dissasemble the organisation to protect assets, disconnect doctrines from the organisation and make it written that these are matters of conscience with unwritten rules that will enduce shunning.... etc etc...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit