God's Plan

by serotonin_wraith 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Everything that happens is part of God's plan.

Atheists are speaking out against religion.

Therefore, this is part of God's plan.

Do theists have the right to complain?

-----------------------------------------------

On the flip side,

Some religious people will complain that they aren't getting special treatment (immunity from criticism, for example).

Even if their complaining is a part of their God's plan (as everything is)...

Atheists don't believe in their god so don't actually have to pay any attention to that argument.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I can't respond to this thread.

You made me realize that I'm not allowed to complain.

So I'll just shut up, it's what you want anyway, right?

I'll just post pictures instead.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    So I'll just shut up, it's what you want anyway, right?

You missed the point, it's not what he wants, it's what god wants...

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    it's not what he wants, it's what god wants...

alt

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

You can take it further in some instances. If a theist happens to be extremely nasty, I can say "F*ck off you ignorant f*ckwit."

Saying "F*ck off you ignorant f*ckwit" is all part of God's plan. I was always going to say it. Afterall, who can change God's plan?

If they respond unkind, I have the right to complain because in my view there is no god and therefore no God's plan. In my view, their unkind words have just come from themselves.

In their view, my words were always going to come out of my mouth anyway to fulfill God's plan.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

hehe

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Playing devil's advocate, I would have to say that we have free will.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

If God can see into the future, he knew before I was born that I would do the things I do. In fact, he knew before the universe was created what I would be like. Since he went ahead and made things this way, I can only assume it's God's plan. Afterall, he could have made me have three eyes or to be able to jump 100 metres into the air but chose not to.

He knew my brain or my soul wouldn't accept he existed, before he set things off with the big bang. Free will is a joke. Every chemical reaction in my brain was planned for by God, every interaction I would go through in life, so the way I am is really out of my control.

Or put simply:

Is everything that happens part of God's plan?

Yes - then I don't have free will.

No - then some things are out of God's control and he isn't all powerful.

• Caedes
    Caedes

As has been said before, your god made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Or put simply:

Is everything that happens part of God's plan?

Yes - then I don't have free will.

No - then some things are out of God's control and he isn't all powerful.

no you got all wrong, god chooses not to know what we are going to do, the bible says that he did not know what name Adam was going to give to the animals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit