What are the best and worst congregations in the Midwest

by laneh 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Whichever congregation you belong to is the best congregation. Didnt you know that?

• lancelink
    lancelink

Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Back in the 70's and 80's I knew many people who went here, and all I heard was how f####d up the elderbody was.

lets see,,some of the names i remember hearing were sterene, and penkava, some of the most self absorbed sob's i ever heard about.

The cong. was a mirror image of their lack of confidence, everything had to go EXACTLY the way these guys saw fit, or you were doing something wrong ( usually there was a spiritual deficit on your part.)

There were many persons that I knew back then who basically quit the jw's, or moved to another hall because of these two guys unrelenting need for power and control.

And guess what ? I hear that they both are no longer elders, maybe the holy spirit saw their attitudes and finally acted!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Moberly....are the Austins still there? I drove through there plenty of times, and knew a few...but that was a long time ago.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Let's think....

In Moberly,MO I KNOW for a fact there were 3 pedophiles. I can name actual names and occurances. But I won't right now for Simon's sake. If u want to know, PM me. One, works at stoops manufacturing.

shelley

• laneh
    laneh

Thanks for the comments you are making.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Moberly....are the Austins still there?

I have been gone a long time....so I don't know right now.

• laneh
    laneh

So far nothing said of Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Indiana congregations.

• laneh
    laneh

Thanks to those who participated.

• blondie
    blondie

So what is the criteria for best or worst?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The worst congo I attended was not in the midwest. It was the Cartersville, Georgia cong. Two families dominated it. There were never enough elders. There was a warped work ethic. And they did not take care of people who had surgery or were ill. They resented the hell out of anyone who tried to set up meal and housekeeping lists for ill or injured ones. They didn't pitch in and help out with children either, if a mother had a baby and had toddlers at home, it was her tough luck. Husbands often had to take off work and risk losing jobs to care for wives who were having surgeries or babies. It was a very discouraging place to be and was the end of my precious, little family and almost the end of me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit