Your Favour Rock Guitarist...

by justhuman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Free
    Free

Billy was considered by Jimi Hendrix to be one of the Top Guitarists around he even once said that Billy Gibbons was America's Best guitarist . Jimi actually gave Billy his Pink Strat .

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Free - Billy Gibbons - YES! Great player. La Grange is such a classic, I love it!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Jimmy Page. Why? Because the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger spent so much time whining about Led Zeppelin.

I think his song writing is outstanding. He blends so many different sources into his style. I think I ead somewhere that he got the idea for using a violin bow on his guitar from David Niven. (I wonder if Ol' Dave was being cheeky?) He stood out before the rest, and he inspired an even greater number of guitarists to play, myself included. Below is a link to some good arguments for his induction to some hall of fame....

http://www.futurerockhall.com/artist.php?artist_id=Jimmy_Page

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Too many to name. Segovia? Hendrix? Trower? Page? Gibbens? Clapton? Pinnick? Daz? Carcassi? and as one guitar teacher taught me, (who incidentally was the guitarist for Chicago), there are thousands of bedroom guitarists who can blow the doors off any guitar hero but no one knows them.

• ninja
    ninja

alex lifeson......and johnny marr from the smiths

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Randy Rhoads, Eric Clapton, Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen

• JK666
    JK666

Look at the avatar and take a guess. Here is a gem from the Zappa vault:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW53fiwyskA

JK

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

I went to see Richard Thompson last year and he was amazing . . .

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

satriani awesome.

eddie van halen was great, he's now wasting?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hendrix, no one else can even reach up and touch his sandals.

Kenny Wayne Shepherd, only person I have seen play with the same ease and expertise as Hendrix. The guitar becomes an extension of him and his face does not distort. I saw him live. I've never seen a kid who exudes the kind of energy and magic this kid does. It really felt as if the whole venue, which was outdoors, would take off like a giant rocket for the stars.

Terry Kath, may he R.I.P., of Chicago. It is said that he mentored Hendrix in using distortion. If you have the LP Chicago Transit Authority, listen to the several minute long example of Terry's distortion. I only needed to listen once. Terry may have inspired Hendrix, but Hendrix took it and perfected it.

For women? Nanci Griffith.

And John Hiatt, who wrote Angel Eyes and a few others, saw him do a one man acoustic show. The man can play, lord can he play.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit