Earthquake in Indiana?

by mrsjones5 21 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was dozing in bed this morning when an earthquake hit a few minutes shy of 6am. I thought I was back in California

It was a 5.4 quake centered somewhere in Illinois.

Did anyone else feel it?

Josie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Yep, it woke me up.

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

They re-evaluated it to 5.2.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The reactions on the news is amusing to watch...but strikening similar to California

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

California is not the only place that can have earthquakes. In fact, Memphis is just about due for a whopper. Yellowstone Park could erupt, creating earthquakes in places where they are not used to them (it happens about every 250,000 years and we are about due). Earthquakes also happen in New York (notably, from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and the Adirondacks) and along the Appalacian corridor into New England.

And, Alaska. The strongest earthquake in North America was not in California but in Anchorage, Alaska.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah I know, when I lived in California I was always amused when people would say (after experiencing a strong quake) that they were going to leave the state. There is nowhere on Earth that anyone can go to escape an earthquake.

• Casper
    Casper

Count me in...!!!

My birds woke me up, going nuts. Then I felt it hit.

My First...

Cas

• Life Is Grand
    Life Is Grand

I didn't feel it myself, but I live just outside of Toronto and heard on the morning news that it was actually felt in Toronto this morning as well...everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!

LIG

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

It was even felt here in mid-Missouri!! Not much, just a bit!!

• Casper
    Casper

Just had an "aftershock" at 11:17... here in Indiana.

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit