WARNING deeply philosophical...Have you ever wondered...

by zeroday 25 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

Our home galaxy contains up to 1 billion stars...our universe contains over 50 billion galaxies with billions of stars...WHY HERE would GOD take his stand...send his god son to deliver us...a big galaxy with a nondiscript star with a few planets and WE are the center of GODS attention...makes you wonder....sometimes...

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

To me, it illustrates the absurdity of "god".

• yknot
    yknot

Maybe.....

When the earth was being 'formed' that is when Satan decided to excute his coup d'etat.

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit
    our universe contains over 50 billion galaxies

Sure it does. I'll bet you can't count to a billion even. Go ahead and start right now, and let me know when you get there. Next thing you'll be saying that dinosaurs existed more than 7,000 years ago. Science is the DEVILS WORK!!!!!!!

Sarcasm gone. Here is the deal..... Ive gone from raised as a JW, to atheist, to fuck being an atheist cuz its creepy and can make you insane. Question everything if you can handle the answer. I cannot. I found an answer, and I reverted, and made up an actuality that I attempt to handle and try not to force on others. I am not strong enough for what I've come upon as an eventual fate. Some here are. Or maybe they aren't because they still hang here. Not sure and not judging, just suggesting an alternate or, similar, view...depending on who reads this. Find shit that fulfills you. Enjoy your life. Think for yourself.

• Casper
    Casper

I've asked that question at the hall before....

I was told, "Well, he had to start somewhere"...

a big galaxy with a nondiscript star with a few planets and WE are the center of GODS attention...makes you wonder....sometimes...

I couldn't agree more...

Cas

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

You're not the only one that has thought about this. I think about it often.

To take it a point further, why did God choose the Jerusalem instead of China or some other country to be the start of christianity? Why did he only send one son? Why not send a least some sort of savior to each country? Or maybe he did?

Even a step further, out of the billions of folks on the earth, he chose a guy with a drinking problem to gather his followers. Then he decided he needed more so he chose 12 guys to run his earthly organization.

So out of the entire universe, God chose 12 white men and until recently a black guy to lead the charge gathering his followers. One would think that if God chose them out everyone in the universe and the billions of folks on earth that these men would be so holy that would be able to at least make a spoon levitate above the table or least, at the very least, get the generation and other doctrines right the first time.

I recently discussed this in a "have you ever wondered" conversation with an JW friend I hadn't seen in a while. She told me that she doesn't allow herself to think about things like this because she might find "holes" in the "truth". Then she continued to tell me the latest gossip of congo happenings and DF'ings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

While I am a skeptic and leaning toward nonbelief in a creator, I don't think looking
    at the universe is a way to prove it.

God's giving attention to an obscure planet with flawed creations on it would not
    exclude him from giving attention elsewhere. Or there are more than one "god" out
    there, maybe ours didn't create the universe or even us, but keeps it running. Maybe
    He is doing such a lousy job because we are a training race before He gets a
    better race at a better star. Maybe they switched Gods at various points in Human
    History.

• garybuss
  • Currientology
    Currientology

If there are 50+ billion galaxies containing 1 billion+ stars per... What might be the chances of X number of earth-like-planets containing Y number of intelligent life forms (probably many times over ones chance of a lottery win)??? And what might their "religions" be like???

Might the "truth" be found somewhere... far...far away????

• Robdar
    Robdar

Whenever life gets you down, Mrs Brown
    And things seem hard or tough
    And people are stupid obnoxious or daft
    And you feel that you've had quite enough...

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
    And revolving at 900 miles an hour,
    That's orbiting at 19 miles a second, so it's reckoned,
    A sun that is the source of all our power.
    The sun and you and me and all the stars that we can see,
    Are moving at a million miles a day
    In an outer spiral arm, at 40,000 miles an hour,
    Of the galaxy we call the Milky Way.

Our galaxy itself contains 100 billion stars
    It's 100,000 light years side to side.
    It bulges in the middle, 16,000 light years thick
    But out by us its just 3,000 light years wide
    We're 30,000 light years from galactic central point,
    We go round every 200 million years
    And our galaxy is only one of millions of billions
    In this amazing and expanding Universe.

The Universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding
    In all of the directions it can whizz
    As fast as it can go, at the speed of light you know,
    12 million miles a minute, and that's the fastest speed there
    is.
    So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure
    How amazingly unlikely is your birth
    And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    Because there' bugger all down here on earth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWVshkVF0SY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit