WARNING deeply philosophical...Have you ever wondered...

by zeroday 25 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hehe Robdar, I just watched that a few days ago. One of the best parts of the whole thing.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hehe Robdar, I just watched that a few days ago. One of the best parts of the whole thing. Beksbks, isn't a great movie?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

riverofdeceit-I really understand where your coming from. I consider myself a spiritual atheist. I recognize that man needs some form of an answer to the great question's of life. But, back to the original topic. It does seem kinda inane to put on hold a whole universe based on the events of some backwater planet that cant even decide between taste great and less filling.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Or, maybe that is why Jehovah is hellbent on getting His Second Dark Ages on this planet. It is a throwaway--and so are we--to Him. Frustrate people here, prevent people from ever having any fun--after all, there are quintillions of other more significant stars where His real Friday Night Essence lie.

• watson
    watson

"It" didn't.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Correct theological understanding teaches that God sent his son to redeem the whole of creation, not just mankind - so that includes all the planets and their inhabitants, all the galaxies, all the stars, all the black holes plus whatever else yo want to add - hence all the references in the Bible to 'creation groaning' - and more impotantly the new heavens and new earth - when the redemption is completed, they will be renewed and cleansed (not destroyed and recreated - strangely one teaching where JW's are closer to the mark than some mainstream Christian churches!)

As to why God chose to send his son here and not elsewhere, I have no idea - maybe its because we're the lowest level of intelligence and thus the only ones dumb enough not to recognise him and then kill him cos we didn't like his message! Thus, in a wacky sort of way we were best suited for God's purpose!

• daystar
    daystar
    Our home galaxy contains up to 1 billion stars...our universe contains over 50 billion galaxies with billions of stars...WHY HERE would GOD take his stand...send his god son to deliver us...a big galaxy with a nondiscript star with a few planets and WE are the center of GODS attention...makes you wonder....sometimes...

Just exemplifies the hubris of man. After all, the gods are made in our image.

• sf
    sf

Thank you Gary! She is Glorious, isn't She?

I also worship The Lowered.

alt

sKally

• Sirona
    Sirona

Why not consider that perhaps "God" is not separate from us, or from the universe as a whole.

Our planet is just one of many planets whose inhabitants are all evolving (at their own particular pace). God and the universe itself is evolving together.

Maybe Jesus was gods Son in the sense that he was able to let gods light shine through him more than others at the time. He inspired the human race to further spiritual development (if they had only listened to his actual message).

As beings who are connected to all things, all things are available to us.

Sirona

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Excerpt from "The Phoenix Papers":

A Divine Being --
    composed of purest energy.

The Grand Creator
    of all
    Matter and Energy,
    actually,
    and Great Architect
    of the myriad rules