CNN commentary on Texas taking custody of the children of that sect....

by CaptainSchmideo 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Quandry
    Quandry

I'm sure they will need DNA tests to figure out who the fathers are.

I hope they do this soon. Perhaps it will clear some things up and show who the men are that are having underrage sex.

They need to be held accountable.

I hate dirty old men......

• journey-on
    journey-on
    The men offered to leave the compound entirely so the women and kis could go back and were denied

I'm sure they did offer to leave.....bet they would just love to get lost before the shxt hits the proverbial fan.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Foster care is NEVER good fro children Sorry I have to disagree with that statement I was a foster Mum for years.Had a baby from 8 days old till he was adopted at 18months old, another one for 8 weeks , another for quite a while ( cant remember how long now) I treated them as my own....

I believe the children should be returned to the Mothers as long as the men should not be allowed near ANY of the women or kids. . I too think it is "mans" domination. & I also believe some women will do anything a man tells her to do.... So they are under severe mind control. I feel so sad for the babies who hasnt got their MUMs ....My 2 cents.

• carla
    carla

According to a woman who had escaped some years earlier, the children do not have mothers anyway. These children do not have regular mother/child bonded relationships they are raised as a group some don't even know who their mothers are so they are not being taken from their mom but only a group of women who take care of children collectively . It's a 'collective' not individuals, not families in the normal sense. I fail to understand how leaving children in a group of adults that hand over little girls for breeding/sexual purposes is a good thing, even if it is the 'familiar'.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I personally don't know why they don't round up all the men and take DNA. Impound the men in detention centers and charge them as rapists if they have girls under 16 that are pregnant in those 416 kids they rounded up. Keep the pregnant girls and all the men - the issue is child abuse including rape and/or underage sex therefore, all the pregnant ones should be held and every man held. Let the women and kids go back to the compound and put guards around them if you like. Take DNA from everyone and link everyone up and then lay charges on the culprits once you do that.

My understanding after listening to a former member who knows some of these women, is that some of the women and kids are actually from other places.

The issue of birth certificates has come up but the former members say this must be relatively new. Perhaps the states collectively should not only make but enforce laws that demand registration of all children. If that law was in effect and there were no records for those kids, then I could see charges being laid....but in the interim, what are the rights of both the women and the children and what if any rights have been violated. If you have proof in the form of pregnant 14 year olds who are in your possession and you know they got that way from someone inside an enclosed compound, then I would think detaining all men and forcing DNA testing would be well in line. So far, they allege a lot of things but they have to have the proof.

Watching some of the reasoning and arguments and hearing what goes on there is so comparative to the Society it's sad. People watching this and railing against this one sect, should be railing against all cults that operate in the exact same way toward their members and that includes the Witnesses. sammieswife.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    I don't agree with anyone abusing any kid but until I hear people being charged, my concern is that this state led invasion is a massive violaiton of rights. If they take your kids because they 'think' they might be harmed, then every JW, every Scientologist, every single religion outside the main, is up for grounds. Tom Cruise's kids are home schooled, they are raised in Scientologist residences and with Scientologist monitors, isolated, members hand over their paychecks to remain in good standing - one could conclude that all those kids and all those residences should be invaded. JW's who homeschool their kids - who believe in isolation and poverty for their members - who refuse their kids blood transfusions - perhaps all of those families should be invaded because we 'think' they are harming their kids. This is so much bigger than one issue - if a guy has raped a woman, if he is a pedophile - then go after him. Some Witnesses have panic attacks and suffer extreme mental issues when they are forced to go into the 'world'......these are young kids who are being forced to do the same thing, forced away from their mothers....how do we justify that without cause?

SL24:

This was the part of the whole thing that really bothered me. If the state can walk in and do this, can they also walk into, say, a Circuit Assembly, and take all the kids because they "could be endangered by a parents refusal of a blood transfusion?"

Of course, that would NEVER happen in this country, right?

I mean, if the US government heard reports of child abuse in a religious compound, they would NEVER hold a siege for several weeks, and then botch an attack which would result in the deaths of the very children they claimed they were trying to save, would they?

Whenever you hear the words "We're from the Government, and we're here to help.", be very vigilant....

• 5go
    5go
    "We're from the Government, and we're here to help.", be very vigilant....

Seems someone can't break from the cult of Ronald Reagan. I wonder why Reaganites think child rape and law breaking is OK if it is done in the name of god. Which is clearly the case seeing as it is a polygamist compound and polygamy is still illegal.

Also notice this compound wasn't raided until the child rape allegation came up. So they were given an extreme leeway in practicing their faith to boot.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    by allowing the removal of small children from their parents because a state feels like it without proof and conviction, is in itself criminal. If one state decides that they can remove your child because they don't like your religion or your home, not because they can prove any abuse, then that same state can look at anyone and at any time surround your house and order you to hand over your kids.

It's a no-win for the state so they must protect the children first.

The state is not permanently taking the children without convictions on the parents.
    They are exercising their right to protect the children until they know they are safe.
    It is done in households all the time, they are not picking on these people because of
    their polygamist cult. If some family started endangering their children with their
    beliefs, the state might remove the children before the case is proven.

You have a good point about charges. The problem here is that the mother might not
    be the one to be charged, as the mother is a victim themself. The child still needs to
    be protected. What would be the outcry if one mother caused one child to commit
    suicide or killed her own child because charges had never been filed, so the custody
    was retained?

• flipper
    flipper

In actuality this information can be used to assist any of our JW relatives to see that this kind of child abuse is happening in other religions ; and even without mentioning what happened in the JW religion if we share the information with our JW relatives it can get them to thinking about their own scandals and that they really aren't any different from the other religions they condemn for the same offenses

• 5go
    5go

Yeah we are on the slippery slope with this case though not to big government but to legalized child rape, murder, and crime as long as you say your doing in the name of Jesus Christ not Allah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit