CNN commentary on Texas taking custody of the children of that sect....

by CaptainSchmideo 48 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/16/sunny.child/index.html

I have to admit, I've been kinda watching this nervously. It's too close to a slippery slope to just come in and take kids from a religion en masse, but at the same time, forcing underage girls into marriages is sick sick sick.

Anyone else been following this and want to weigh in?

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

hey capitan:

I'm right on it. I can understand their side: they just live their live as they see it; and they do NOT see their children in any danger. However, we all know those children are in danger just by the nature of the beast. The women are going to play on our weepy side, saying we stole their children for no reason, they didn't get to say goodbye, etc, Foster care is NEVER good fro children, but neither is being raised in a cult that is going to make you have sex on a bed in front of other people when you marry that 50 year old man. we all know what this about, and we should just stop pretending that we don't. It's not the boys in danger, it's the girls. I for one, am GLAD they took them out of there. Maybe they will actually get a chance at a real life. I WISH they could be with their mothers, if they woudl raise them so that they don't think they have to get married at 13 to the first 60 year old that comes along, but that is not the case. Remember, these people don't think they are doing anything wrong. I feel for the Moms and children, I really do. I am sure they love each other, and sure they miss each other, but these Moms are so blind that they'll give up their 13 year old daughters to the prophet's choice of husbands, which is usually a really old man. Sorry... that viiolates natural law. Go to jail. Do not pass GO.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

One thing I want to know is: what causes Mothers to stop protecting their children in favor of a man? It's been proven again and again. Some women just stop thinking for themselves and refuse to protect their children in favor of the vices of a man? Give me a clue.

CG

• middleman
    middleman

All I can say is that damn they are a weird bunch. The "unibrow" when asked certain questions that would easily put the nails in, she diverted her comments to cry out about her kids. It's a sad case, but I feel that these kids need to be out of there. It's a tough decision but it needed to be done. All you have to do is look in their eyes to see how dingy they are. Does this brainwashing sound familiar?

• joebin
    joebin

Why hasn't there been any arrests in this case? If this was a polygamist group, plus sex abuse, both illegal, where are the abusers? It seems they do not talk about the men or any charges.

They should not separate the kids from their mothers but the men. This thing is weird.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Those are not mothers like we think of them. They are breeding victims. They are raising those children for the express purpose of bringing them into these marriages. They give them no choice, no childhood.

I heard Michael Savage going off on the CPS system. Taking children out of a system that is there to abuse them is NOT nazi or communist or any of the other adjectives he was spouting off about. The man thinks he is a freaking genius, but he has no concept of what cult thinking does to people, even people who honestly, if sickly, love their children.

How many JWs do you know that would allow their children to die for THE PARENTS beliefs? Almost all of them. They honestly DO love their kids, but they love the Borg more, and those women love their kids, but they are loyal first to their polygamist upbringing and belief system. Their whole religion focuses around the polygamy, like some religions get hung up on the KJV, or speaking in tongues etc-to the neglect of and or ignoring of, other christian values.

Personally, I believe in freedom of religion until it is hurting innocent people. Too many religions do exactly that and I don't support it and I won't go playing on the Bill of Rights to allow people to abuse children or raise them up to be abused.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

This scares me about people. You absolutely have NO idea how insidious this is. We're worried about people in Rwanda, and we have our own children being abused here in America and no one is doing anything about it. They do NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS.

These women are held captive by virtue of being RAISED in this cult. This is the ONLY THING THEY KNOW. This cult is all-pervasive since they were born. They have been TAUGHT that there is no greater glory than being given in marriage to a man of God <an older man> and having his children. They are raised to believe this.

They are also raised to NOT know who their biological Father is. Most of the time, they don't even know who their mother is. They are raised in homes with several Mothers. The Fathers stop over to impregnate them, then leave them to their own devices.

When they have their babies, at the expense of the state, they say they do not know who the Father is so they can collect benefits. This is called "bleeding the beast." Actually, they might not know who the Father is, since they might be married to several men.

They can then collect welfare for their children who are born without a Father. This way, they can take all the extra money and give it over to THE PROPHET. While they live in poverty...

Do I think what Texas did was right? You bet. I think it's time that somebody stepped up and challenged this religion, since utah and arizona won't do it... Texas will. Texas has never been shy about challenging it... Even though we fucked up on the Waco thing.. I think we're doing it right now. God bless Texas.

CG

• avishai
    avishai

Right on Jwdaughter!

• yknot
    yknot

I am very concerned especially since they haven't announced finding the girl who called. The Texas CPS has a nortorious reputation for not doing enough in dire situations and going overboard (to the point of being accused and found guilty of sexually violating an alleged victim while 'examining' her) in situations that are more of a social concern. I doubt that there will be many who could be charged on bigamy since it requires the legal registration of more then one marriage (hence this excludes "spiritual marriages")

Personally I am seeing a lot of similarities with our former religious organization. Only a few at the top actually knowing what is going on and dictating to the masses, enforced by lesser ranked men who follow with little question, and accepted by those thinking they are doing God's will. Most of the population is brainwashed and know not of the wrongs they do. I am not in favor of keeping the kids in foster care. I am however in favor of rehabilitation. Personally I think this would be a fine opportunity for the LDS to reach out to their cousins (literally).

I think to this is a slippery slope too.... after all how much would it take to declare any religion as a cult.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

As long as the kids are out of there, and they are safe, I don't give a crap what they do.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit