I need a little help again…I think I’m dying

by seven006 23 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

I tried to answer that question once....

http://www.ajwrb.org/history/index.shtml#evolution

• seven006
    seven006

Vinny,

You are right. The Mormons and the JW’s are very much alike. Not at all in their dogma but more in the programming techniques used to infuse such garbage into the minds of the bungled and botched. The good old free bible study trick.

Just like the JW’s, it is a totalitarian existence where no one will ever completely measure up, never question authority, and the rank and file follower knows little to nothing about their “real” history. Just the twisted and flip flopped BS from their PR department.

Just like the JWs, the Mormons are totally unreceptive and blinded to the overwhelming volumes of evidence that keeps piling up that completely shows the storybook of Mormon written by the snake oil salesman Joseph Smith to be absolute and totally made up bullshit.

The evidence exposing the book of Mormon SS (sheep shit) is even more overwhelming and easier to expose than the JW SS.

I’m jealous. They at least got to go to college!

Dave

• DJK
    DJK
    The Mormons and the JW’s are very much alike.

Seven, does that mean they believe in the talking snake?

• seven006
    seven006

Vinny, You are right. I spellded it all wrongly did't I? Good catch! Did you catch any more?

Did it get your attention beyond the obvious spelling mistake?

Reneeisorym and SPAZnik, Thank you. I enjoy posting there and getting to know them. They are great people. Very much like the group here but without all Christian vs. Atheist or dirt vs. monkey flame throwing.

Next I move to posting on “Operation Clambake” (the ex-scientologist DB). That’s a little more self concerning. Those who openly oppose Scientology keep ending up mysteriously suasided.

TD

Thank you for your link. I think instead of writing something in the sarcastic manner I usually do to express my contempt for the Printing Company’s bull shit, I’ll just say a little bit first, give credit where credit is due and post your link. Thanks.

Dave

• seven006
    seven006

DJK,

“Seven, does that mean they believe in the talking snake?”

Yes they do, but the snake did his talking right here in the good old US states of America (I just loved miss teen South Carolina). It’s where the Garden of Eden actually was.

It’s true. That’s what Joseph Smith said. Here in America. Honest!I think he did a little bibble plagiarizing in the Book of Mormon.

Did you catch Bill Maher’s reference to the “talking snake” on Friday night during his last Real Time with Bill Maher show on HBO?

It really cracked me up.

• DJK
    DJK
    Did you catch Bill Maher’s reference to the “talking snake” on Friday night during his last Real Time with Bill Maher show on HBO?

Yes! I loved it!!! That's where I stole the phrase.

• seven006
    seven006

“Yes! I loved it!!! That's where I stole the phrase”.

I take you never read the story I posted about my two week consulting trip to Bethel did you? Hearing the term “talking snake” and “a naked lady eating a piece of fruit” said out loud changed my life.

Sometimes I think Bill Maher stole my brain. I love the guy.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am intrigued by the similarities as well. Here is a bit of info on the 3 main lines of reasoning and why it is incorrect. 1. Noah • Genesis 9:4 “Only flesh with its soul-its blood-YOU must not eat.” The command here does not forbid eating blood, but rather eating animals strangled. Noah was instructed to show respect for the life of the animal killed. 2. Mosaic Law • Leviticus 17:10 “And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people.” The Mosaic Law does not apply since the death of Jesus. Paul warns against people that attempt to still apply to enforce the Mosaic Law at Paul warned against those that revert to the Mosaic Law at 2 Corinthians 3:14-15 “But their mental powers were dulled. For to this present day the same veil remains unlifted at the reading of the old covenant, because it is done away with by means of Christ. In fact, down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts.” 3. Acts 15 & 21 • At Acts it states to abstain from blood, so this may appear to apply to blood transfusions Acts 15:19-20 “Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.” Acts 21:25 “As for the believers from among the nations, we have sent out, rendering our decision that they should keep themselves from what is sacrificed to idols as well as from blood and what is strangled and from fornication.” As with most Christian religions, for many decades the Watchtower recognised that this passage only applied to first century congregations with a mix of Gentiles and Judaizers, in order to prevent stumbing. Paul showed that these practices are neither wrong nor binding. At 1 Corinthians 8:4-13 and 1 Corinthians 10:25-33 Paul specifically states that eating food sacrificed to idols is not wrong, unless it would “make my brother stumble.” Jesus had likewise said, “Not what enters into [his] mouth defiles a man; but it is what proceeds out of [his] mouth that defiles a man.” (Matthew 15:11) The decree at Acts applied to early, mixed Christian congregations congregations for the case of stumbling, not because blood use was wrong.

• whereami
    whereami

Seven006, you might want to show them, (Mormons) this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svfxSscxh8o

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am bumping this thread out of respect for seven006. I think that at least once a year somebody should look up that "Freddy Brown Shoes" story about Bethel and the airbrush class for all those who came here new and have not had a chance to read it.

Maybe I will get up off my lazy butt and hunt it down for a repost - if nobody beats me to it.

Respectfully, James

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit