I need a little help again…I think I’m dying

by seven006 23 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

The “I think I’m dieing” part is for all the new bees. All the old bees know I’m rarely ever serious. But, as long as you have read this far…..

For quite a while now I have been reading a few of the ex-Scientologist and ex-Mormon discussion boards. For a month or so I have been posting on the postmormon.org board.

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/7107/

I am doing this in an effort to better understanding the similarities between the three ex-factor groups as well as the similarities in the programming and to-die-for convictions between the three American made cult like minority religions they and we all left.

In a simi-quid-pro-quo scenario I am answering questions about the JW teachings and asking them questions about the Mormon church. I am not interest in dogma specific questions (I’m not concerned with comparisons of who believed the stupidest line of sheep shit) but more about the style of teaching/indoctrination/programming that absolutely made them feel at one time that they had (as they call it) “The Truth”(sound familiar?)about the “one and only TRUE religion on the face of the earth”.

You can cut and paste the following link to see my post about the JW birthday ban. They wanted to know.

http://www.postmormon.org/exp_e/index.php/discussions/viewthread/7016/

Like the post I made about birthdays, I need a little “official scripture” help about the blood ban scripture amalgamations. Specifically the “do not eat the blood because it holds the life” one after Noah Flintstone parked his zoo ship on top of a mountain.

I have been out for so long I am fortunate enough to have most all of that crap out of my memory. That, and I have not owned a bible or had one in my house for over 20 years.

So, if someone can help me out with the Watchtower official scripture and or scriptures (I forget) I will greatly appreciate it. Inquiring ex-Mormon minds want to know.

I will post it on the post-Mormon board a few days after they are all done talking about the FLDS temple bust.

Thank you,

Dave

• DJK
    DJK

You might find this very helpful.

http://www.ajwrb.org/bible/mosaic.shtml

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's a fine amalgam of scriptures, straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/hb/index.htm?article=article_07.htm

• DJK
    DJK

Lev 17:11. The life of the sacrifice was accepted for the life of the sinner. Blood must not be looked upon as a common thing, but must be poured out before the Lord.

Acts 15:20 but that we write to them that they abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

• seven006
    seven006

DJK,

Thank you for the link. I didn’t remember the other scriptures that were posted on that link. That will help. I appreciate it.

The ex-Mormons will appreciate the information too, they all think the JW’s are all a bunch of brainwashed sock puppets, just like the Mormons are. The ex-Scientologist won’t give a whatever.

Dave

• Vinny
    Vinny

I filmed a photography show back in Oct 06. The host of the show along with his his son (also his filming assistant) are devout Mormons. The Father is also a newly appointed Bishop (like a D.O. in JW-land).

I also truly believe that Christ's gospel has been restored to the earth today along with the ministering of Angels, the priesthood authority of God and the calling of modern day prophets to guide his children on the earth. Latter-day Saints are not asked to blindly accept anything that is spoken over the pulpit in our meetings. Rather, we are all expected to learn of their truth for ourselves by studying and ultimately praying for light and knowledge. And they do come.".....that said, the invitation is still simply "come and see." I would encourage you to go to a church meeting and see what it's like for yourself. I'd also encourage you to meet with the missionaries and discuss with them without the limitations of e-mail. Would you be willing to do either of these things? Let me know, and I can arrange for the missionaries to contact you."

**** Sounds a little too familiar...

But such beliefs are far more common than I realized when I was a JW. Muslims believe they are the true faith. As does the Pope, Seventh Day Adventists and many more including JW's.

Which is why I consider myself spiritual today, but not religious.

Nonetheless, the similarities of Mormons and JW's believing they are the "One True Faith", along with their determination to push those views on others were quite striking.

• seven006
    seven006

J, thank you too. Dave

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'm not adding much to what you asked but I had a comment to make:

I'm glad you're doing that. Keep it up.

• Vinny
    Vinny

PS- If you want to pull our leg and get extra attention with the "dying" thing in your subject title... at least spell it right.

: )

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Lovely thread seven006. Appreciate all your efforts. Fascinating replies Vinny. Love the electric socket TWICE analogy. (I'm glad seven006 misspelled dying, it made it more tongue in cheek - LOL) :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit