Long last letter to dad...please comment-not mailed yet

by dawg 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Good luck Dawg, your honesty and integrity shines through the letter completely, your a thinking soul and a compassionate one too

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Good luck dawg. Stick to your guns and don't give up. There's always hope that he'll come around. DON'T GIVE UP!

sooner7nc

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hi Dawg,

I enjoyed your letter very much.

Before I give any other comments it would be helpful to know just exactly what your purpose is in writing the letter.

OM

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Dawg,

I think you need to double check the name of the 586/607 guy. I believe it is Carl Olaf Johnson. If he does read your note and wants to check up on it, the right name would be good.

The letter is sad as it points out the fallacy of following men before the scriptures they claim give them the authority to TAKE authority. Thats nuts. Your dads attitudes are heartbreaking.

I would suggest you send it in an express mail or UPS express packet. Not that much $$, and it is more likely to be opened, in reaction to the fact it is 'express or priority' You know, in the official USPS envelope? Just a thought.

Love to you, I hope he reads it. Thinking of my dad a lot lately and it is so sad that in his later years he is shutting off his own son. Time passes and he is wasting it.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Dawg, my heart goes out to you because it is obvious that all you really want is for your Dad and other loved ones

to just look at what you have and be open to truth. I'm afraid you will hit a brick wall, however. Here's why.

There is no winning against the mind control of the WTB&TS. They have carefully put into place all the brainwashing

techniques necessary to keep people fearful of leaving. They use "trigger" scriptures (highlighted in yellow)over and over

and over, year after year after year that go deep into the psyche of their followers. I wrote this tongue in cheek, but this

is truly the way they manipulate their flock:

"Brothers and sisters,

As you know Satan knows his time is out. (Rev. 12:12) He is pulling out all the stops to cause doubt and loss of faith in Jehovah’s Faithful and Discreet Slave. He and his horde of demons are using every means available to cause dissention among Jehovah’s people. The next few months are going to be trying for those of us determined to remain faithful to the end. (Matt. 10:22) You can expect an increase in Satan’s attempt to dismantle your faith and destroy your determination to endure to the end. You must now allow this to happen!

What are some of the ways he uses to do this? He puts a chink in your suit of armor. (Eph. 6: 11-13) Just one small chink and your whole faith can begin to crumble. What can you do to prevent this? Pay close attention to those who have been given the lead among you. Jehovah is providing the proper food in due season and it is being dispensed with the utmost care and concern for the flock’s spiritual nourishment. (Matt. 24: 45) You must continue to trust Jehovah and his Faithful and Discreet Slave during these times of change and increased attempts to destroy His organization.

In the ensuing months ahead you may be asked to do things that may, at first, seem frightening and unusual. It may test your strength to hold onto your faith in Jehovah’s arrangement of things. But keep in mind that as our organization is being attacked and our good intentions questioned, Satan will use this as a means to put that chink in your armor. There may be accusations and innuendo against the FDS. (2 Pet. 2: 2, 3) You may be tempted to listen to them and question Jehovah’s direction through his organization. This is when you must stand ever stronger against this temptation. He may even use loved ones who have left The Truth to hinder you.

We are in the midst of a theocratic war that is taking place in unseen places. (2 Cor. 4: 16-18) As we fight this war under the direction of Christ Jesus himself, we may be asked to do things necessary to winning the victory; and, just as in a physical battle, soldiers must trust their leaders and act without question or hesitation, you must do the same. A moment’s hesitation or an independent attitude of second-guessing those who have been given leadership among you can result in your death and destruction.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, if you are to gain victory and win the prize Jehovah has faithfully promised, stay close to his organization and be willing to adhere to the instructions coming from his Faithful and Discreet Slave, no matter how confusing or strange they may appear to you. (Gal. 6:9) It may mean your life!

Now, praise the Lord and SEND A CHECK! (Make it out to: Christian Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses.)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Wwow dawg, I really feel your pain. My stepdad raised and adopted me. I love him as if he was my dad. Even though he molested me, I still miss him.......Even if he doesn't answer your letter, maybe this will make you feel better, at least your side of the street is clean.

Do you mind if I borrow a few points from it for something I'm trying to compose?

shell

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Dawg!

What a passionate letter! How can your dad NOT see how much you care about him? How can he NOT see how much you want that relationship back you once shared? I sincerely hope & pray you've planted some seeds of doubt in his mind about the WTS.

If I were you, I'd type out his address on the envelope and DO NOT put your return address. It'll only be AFTER opening it that he'll see it's from you.......and then I would think his curiosity would kick in, and he'd read the letter. He's GOT to read that letter!

Lavendar

• dinah
    dinah

Good job, Dawg. Let's just hope he reads this one. If he does return it, send the postcard as was suggested earlier.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It is a very sincere and heartfelt letter Dawg, I really feel for you, it brought tears to my eyes.

Best Wishes Always,

hope4others

• dawg
    dawg

Thanks to you all... I might clean it up a bit, make it not so nasty, cut out the attacking parts and then send it. But all your thoughts and comments have been helpful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit