Why was the "Manking Search For God" publication never a study book?

by truthseeker 29 Replies latest jw friends

• hotchocolate
    hotchocolate

Oh just realised it had already been checked.. Sorry Auld Soul.. :-)

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

It was studied before (at least once) during Tuesday night book study where I went.

• freetosee
    freetosee

lol... when I was about to give a reply I got distracted by incoming mail... everything has already been said...

speedy fts

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Burns,

You sure it wasn't the "The Bible - God's Word or Mans?" book you looked at?

I'm pretty sure I never studied the Mankind book.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am pretty sure it was never studied. One brother commented to me that the society probably thought it wise for the brothers not to dwell too much on what others believe. The book is okay for the ministry and bringing others in, but might actually harm the brothers if they study it in depth. The ironic thing is that the brother did not say this to me in a disapproving tone. Rather he thought it was prudent the society should "protect" us in this way. It just shows you the spirit of utter dependence that the Witness mindset breeds, especially among thoughtful Witnesses. It leads to all sorts of distortions of the mind.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Could it have been different in Spanish?

I remember it!

Maybe I just read it.

I could be losing it.

Burn

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

No that book was never studied at the BS. I was actually looking forward to studying that one.

• boyzone
    boyzone

According to the CDROM the mankind's book came out in 1990. The book study schedule was

April 89 Rev Book

June 90 Trinity Brochure

Sept 90 The Bible - God's word or man's book

Feb 91 Blood brochure

March 91 Rev book (again)

Oct 92 Greatest Man book

Nov 93 Family life book

May 94 Happiness - how to find it.

Jan 95 Rev book (again!!!!)

April 96 Knowledge book

I really thought we had studied the mankind's search book, guess the old memory's playing tricks.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

IT HAS NEVER - repaet NEVER been studied in the Bookgroup. If you still do not believe me , I will post al lKMs on line. If you recall sudy schedules of publications are always published in the Kingdom Ministry. I have a dam good memory and was an elder at the time - this has never been studied. My copy would be marked - it is not.

• boyzone
    boyzone

So why do you think it wasn't studied?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit