California JWs -- Are they different than most JWs?

by B_Deserter 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Socal is as diverse as the USA. It can be ultra conservative or can be quite interesting. I've seen some interesting parties. It depends on the crowd u hang with

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

WTwizz -

What was this about wire rimmed glasses?

HB

• seektruth101
    seektruth101

FOR SURE MAN! WE ARE THE COOLEST OF THE COOLEST!

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I went to a meeting in Hollywood many years ago, and I was very surprised to discover that the majority of the JWs there were in the entertainment industry and that it was OK to be a musician. That was something completely taboo in my congo. back home in Canada. I think there are cultural and regional differences all over the world amongst JWs, although they try really hard to convince everyone that JWs are the same everywhere.

• pratt1
    pratt1

We used to say that the further away the congo was from Bethel, the weaker congo.

Since we were from NYC, we prided ourselves on being the most "spiritually minded" and Cali, being the weakest.

But consider the source, we were hanging out at discos, bars, and strip clubs, with Bethelites I must add, so who was really weak?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Back in the 70's we would be advised to pray, for JW's in CA. I lived in the Memphis area.

I am really glad no one was praying for us...............

Hill

• Mary
    Mary

California JW's are cutier than most. I can verify this.

• JK666
    JK666

I just saw this thread, and Dagney asked for my response.

Well, I think that California is just like anywhere else. There are conservative and wild JW's, and conservative and liberal BOE's. We had that in the midwest also. We had some great parties in some congregations, and some were dead. I always tried to find the cool people to hang out with.

It is a local problem that happens everywhere.

JK

• flipper
    flipper

Yeah , man ! What a trip ! We are the coolest here in California ! Laid back mo-fo's we are ! Also the most humble - just ask us ! LOL! I promise I ain't smokin' crazy weed - never hadit inmy life ! Love and Peace, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit