Anyone else ever do this

by superman 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Sometimes I would highlight the entire page except for the page # and the questions at the bottom of the page. It looked so spear-it-showall.

1. Who really is the 'Fitful and Disgraceful Slavebuggers" whom Jesus disappointed over all his belongings?

Page 326

• Nowman
    Nowman

At my last hall, I won the different color highlighting contest that we had because I was the world's best highlighter! I also won the world's smallest handwriting in the margins contest too. Ok, I am only kidding, but honestly I made it an art!!! I totally know what you mean! My parents were so proud when they would see all the beautiful colors and writing in the margins! Sometimes I was in the mood to be a good little JW, sometimes I was in the mood to be a bad little JW. In the end, at 18, I chose the bad JW route.

Nikki

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yep, usually Sunday morning, just before I was ready to leave, flip open the WT and quickly highlight the main points. The answer was always in the first two sentances anyways, didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out lol. Use a different colour for the A & B questions, scribble something in the margins. It was all for show, everything I did in that cult was for show.

BB

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Oh you are joking surely?!?

I can't belive you did that.

Were you really that desperate to fit in with the rest of the super spiritual Brothers?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

In the beginning I was like most. I was honest and I studied hard, made lots of notes. After a year or two of that I started just highlighting main catch phrases and immediate answers. I was to mentally and physically exhausted to continue racking my brain against the bible that I became mundane.

I got to the point that I didn't study, made jiberish notes at conventions and assemblies. Played Tic-Tac-Toe with myself, drew moustaches on the characters in the Witchtower and Asleeps.

I'm already tired of talking about it. (yawn)

Quirky1

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

A friend of mine was a pioneer, and I think it was a CO that noticed she hadn't studied her watchtower. I think she said she didn't have time, and he acknowledged this. His advise was - even if you don't have time to study - you should at least hilight some stuff in your magazine so it LOOKS like you studied because others in the congregation look to the pioneers as a good example. She thought that was odd.

• megaflower
    megaflower

I use to work on the houshold budget during the watchtower lesson, Its amazing how much I accomplished during that hour. People would think I was taking notes- haha little did they know.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    His advise was - even if you don't have time to study - you should at least hilight some stuff in your magazine so it LOOKS like you studied because others in the congregation look to the pioneers as a good example.

My wife is a diehard but that's what she does when she doesn't have time to study... Must set a good example for the others.... even if it just means scribbling some yellow lines whereever they may fall.

A@G

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Towards the end when I studied I would even call it studying, it was "I have to mark my lesson."

The lines were not for me but for those judging me. I did not want to be judged "the elder with no marks in his watchtower."

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Sad to say, a marked up wt is more proof of spirituality than having true knowlege of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit