Do you hum?

by Layla33 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

I do and sometimes I do it when I am happy, when I have had a good meal, when a friend is on the phone and they went to do something - it's my musical interlude. I think some people hum without noticing it. I also used to hum to my brother, it was our way of communiting when we were young and a game we played where we would hum a tune and then each of us would try to give a verse. Of course, this would get on my father's last nerves on more than one occasion.

I have a friend who hums to herself, but she is never aware of it until someone points it out. Maybe we hum as a sense of calming ourselves.

Any other hummers here? When do you hum and what types of tunes do you normally hum?

• RebelWife
    RebelWife

You mean I'm not the only person who does this? I hum and do some kind of weird little "chair dance" when eating something really good. Also, when I'm really happy. Mine is kind of a sing-songey "hmmm".

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Yep, for some stupid reason it always seems to be Happy Brithday.

momz

• trevor
    trevor

RebelWife

No - I sing. The song usually expresses what I am feeling at the time, as does the tune you hum.

I once worked with a guy who offered to pay me a daily bounus if I could go all day without singing.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I must say I hum like a mower in a lush meadow!

And I like the odd song in a bar-room!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Actually, I notice that I frequently hum Kingdom Melodies (its only been a few weeks out) and I can't get them out of my head.

• llbh
    llbh

Only ever in the shower i love refreshing shower in the morning and that makes me happy

David

• DJK
    DJK

During a certain intimate act. Must be good, the wife always say's, "don't stop, don't stop".

• Casper
    Casper

Not usually... but if I've just heard one those songs that you just can't get out of your head, then I will find myself humming it...

Cas

• Layla33
    Layla33

Actually, I notice that I frequently hum Kingdom Melodies (its only been a few weeks out) and I can't get them out of my head.

It is not uncommon, I consider it a form of mind control. I really believe you have to do something deliberate to get those tunes out of your mind.

Also, I have a friend who not only hums when she eats sweets, but jiggles her left foot. We tease her about it. I tend to humm and tap my feet. (An offshot of having years of dancing school).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit