3 Baptized at our latest Special Assembly Day at Bristol

by ThomasCovenant 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Our Special Assembly Day at Bristol Assembly Hall has just finished.

As I've said before in October 07 http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/144194/1.ashx regarding the last two day assembly weekend

the numbers are still down. The announced attendance was 764 with 3 baptized (2m and 1 f). They looked in the early twenties.

I say 'announced' as my counter did a rough headcheck and came up with about 500 so that must mean there were an awful lot milling outside or possibly not even there.

The main speaker was a 'brother' from London Bethel who had come from Canada about 4-5 years ago. Haven't got his name sorry., but sounded very educated even though they were harping on about further education and full time careers.

The costs were announced at just under £2000 and they said they were in 'profit' by about £30. You don't hear that very often but even though he said they were covered he still said you can contribute by credit and debit cards. The guest speaker from Bethel did actually mention about Britain being the worst in Europe for credit card debts (but hey what the heck.)

Thanks for listening

Thomas Covenant

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Wow, I've never heard of Credit Card contributions before!!!!

AaG

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

They must really be hurting for money if they take credit cards. I have never heard that before. It will be interesting how they will spin this. Might go something like this: Brothers in an effort to accomodate those of you who do not carry cash anymore the FDS has made arrangements to accept credit cards for contributions. We do not advocate the use of credit to make contributions but if that is the method you prefer then we will accept them.

Can you imagine, that when this does not work either to up dontations what they will resort to.

One

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

You can also wait until you get home and make your donation on the evil Internet -

https://www.jwgift.org/Default.aspx

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

What *tremendous* growth in the spiritual paradise!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Maybe too many checks were getting 'bounced.'

• besty
    besty

lets say 600 publishers and the rest hangers on /kids

lets say you want 3% growth (as advertised), you need 18 people baptized in the year.

Oh well - only 20 more to go...(pesky death rate)

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I really have a problem with their charity status crap!

Terms and Conditions to the jwgift.org Website

1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions

This website is provided by Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, a Registered Charity, (the Provider) under the name "JWgift.org" upon the following Terms and Conditions. Access to and use of the website or any of its services shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. The Provider reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions at its absolute discretion. Each access to the website shall constitute acceptance of the Terms and Conditions from time to time prevailing at the time of each such access.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Did your "counter" have any way of doing a count of who was behind the scenes backstage or checking the ladies' rooms? Even so, it doesn't seem like there'd be 200 missing attendees.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The credit card acceptance has been noted here before.

In an increasingly cashless society like in NZ, it will become commonplace to swipe your donation at the EFTPOS machine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit