Coming to a KH near you...the generation/new light WT

by Mickey mouse 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I read the article with the generation "new light" last week. I remember the 1995 "new light" and wondered if I was the only one that thought something was wrong. Well, after I read this latest article, all I could think is that this is my clear ticket out of this group. The door has opened for 144,000 (which most witnesses doesn't know about because they don't really "read" the mags) and now with the generation change, I don't know why anyone would remain a JW. What will people have to hold on to now? There are 30 year olds now partaking at the JW Memorial.

My point is that now I can honestly see that my life and millions of other lives have been on hold for absolutely no reason at all. However, I still think most people will not leave the JWs or even voice any questions due to fear. I may even go the meeting next weekend just to hear how the article is covered.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I had heard there was more people partaking of the emblems. Then I wondered are they counting all the ones who show up they don't know and partake? Well if the Feb 15 magazine shows that the so called 144,000 are still being selected down to now then is it any wonder more are partaking. I think it is damage control. It is like those non-annointed brothers who became part of the governing body then all of a sudden they decide they are of the annointed. Damage control at work and most people are not even paying attention to it.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I'm trying to build up the courage to make this WT study my last meeting.

The WT says this regarding the new teaching of the generation being annointed :

w08 02-15 pg. 23-24 par. 12 "On what basis may we draw that conclusion? By carefully considering the context."

Oh, I'm considering the context alright. Did it suddenly dawn on them to JUST NOW "carefully consider the context"?!

L

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    Damage control at work and most people are not even paying attention to it.

Good point and the blind in faith wont even know it.

Brainwashing the flock has practical uses.

• steve2
    steve2

These kinds of nonsensical re-interpretations by the Watchtower are produced in response to a world that refuses to end. Most JWs swallow the whole story, perhaps not even realising that there's even a new twist. You need active brain cells to spot the difference - or to even care.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Lol, I didn`t even know about this, and I never would have, had it not been for this forum. Just when you thought the WTS couldn`t get any stupider, they go and do this. So basically, this means that the "generation" Jesus spoke of, is symbolic, and it has been, for 2000 years. In other words, the term "generation" doesn`t mean a thing. And: This is the exact approach as that of the rest of christianity. After a couple of hundred years after the death of Jesus, christians stopped focusing on the words in that chapter, the urgency concerning his return, that word, "generation", and basically assumed (although they didn`t construct detailed and foggy theories about it) that it had to be "symbolic" (although that word was never used).

So, again, it turned out that the rest of christianity was right after all, and that "Jehovahs sole channel of communication to mankind" was wrong. The WTS bites the dust again. That`s so funny.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    Hellrider: "That`s so funny"

I don`t think so. It`s rather a tragedy.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Mickey mouse and all the others,

When the news of this ' great change ' came here on the forum, together with the PDF of the

article, I soon started to collect informations based on 'previous ' teachings/idea/opinions/clarifications

better understanding etc. stretching.... from the year 1882 to our days . Of course some of the material

is contributed by others in this board and elsewhere but eventually everyone interested in using it, will

find it quite ...amazing and maybe will decide to keep it on a file or share with a friend.

As soon as I'll be free from other ' tasks' I'll post here the 'collection '!!

Greetings,

James Charles MacHislopp

P.S. " ...if there are readers of the Watch Tower who can not agree with what is here stated,

then it is suggested that such calm and carefully wait upon the Lord , always keeping a pure

heart." (The Watch T Vol. XLVI March 1, 1925 page 2 ' Birth of the Nation ' )

• steve2
    steve2
    " ...if there are readers of the Watch Tower who can not agree with what is here stated,

then it is suggested that such calm and carefully wait upon the Lord , always keeping a pure

heart." (The Watch T Vol. XLVI March 1, 1925 page 2 ' Birth of the Nation ' )

Sly words of advice to keep the door wide open for the Watchtower to back track as it sees fit. Imagine if leaders of "Christendom's" churches issued the same kind of advice: The Watchtower would loudly criticise those leaders and champion the need for open-minded inquiry.

• Smoky
    Smoky

If this generation change is true, (because i have not looked up the article) then could i be Technically one of the "ANNOINTED"?

I should've had some Vino & Crackers at memorial....darnet!

smoky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit