Coming to a KH near you...the generation/new light WT

by Mickey mouse 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Layla33
    Layla33

I would just like to know when a mass of people are going to realize that this "new light" is nothing more than BS, and that a light should go off somewhere in their head.

Cognitive Dissonance is a great way to explain it.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Could someone please enLIGHTen me on this new light?

• oompa
    oompa

The current understanding is that the generation that Jesus spoke of was "his disciples" at that time, and the modern-day generation is the anointed. This explanation is in the February 15 issue of The Watchtower on pages 23 and 24.

Back in 1995 it changed from those who saw 1914 events, to a general group of "wicked"....Jesus often used the term generation preceded by "this wicked generation"....now it is...but he didn't ALWAYS say wicked first.

It really changes nothing either way from 1995 to now because if the wicked were part of it, so were the annoined because they were around too. And if the gen.is now only the annointed, the wicked have to be around for the the annointed to see do the evil things.......duh........oompa

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I think this is how it goes, but I'm no expert here.

1980s brand: Generation = Annointed living from 1914 (old enough to understand things in 1914) would not die before the end of the big A

1995 brand: Generation = Society in general that was around in 1914. Not strictly one generation of people, but an era of society.

2008 brand: Generation = Annointed living from Jesus' time down thru our time.

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Thanks for the"clarification".

• Quandry
    Quandry

1995 brand: Generation = Society in general that was around in 1914. Not strictly one generation of people, but an era of society.

Are you sure? I was thinking that "the generation" was explained as "the contemporaries alive at that time" meaning that when the end started, anyone alive AT THAT TIME comprised the generation.

Does it really matter? As soon as we went back and dug into the changes, perhaps "newer new light" might make itself manifest. My, the light must swirl around the Governing Body. But as it is swirling, can't they see once and for all the "correct" light instead of constantly changing it?

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I just see the change as a necessary marketing strategy to maintain that ever present tower and the folks who stand on top of it.

A new light had to be implemented for that reason.

Power and corruption always seems to go hand in hand doesn't

Doctrinal spins are being changed not by the guidance of God's holly spirit but rather being changed by father time.

Most of the not so bright will eat this up like chocolate cake with ice cream......unnnnn good spiritual food !

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

oneairhead mentioned..."past truth...present truth and future truth...

so that means the WTBS DOES believe in a Trinity!

-BONEZZ

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks... bookmarked

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

And don't forget, the 80's generation brand is just a rehash of the really old light about the generation they had in the 20s!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit