Coming to a KH near you...the generation/new light WT

by Mickey mouse 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

19 The way of the wicked ones is like the gloom; they have not known at what they keep stumbling.

Well we all know that this does NOT apply to the WTS. They do know what they have been stumbling at, so that's why they need to keep changing their story and minimizing their past views.

Galileo, How dare you suggest that the WTS is a bunch of wicked ones...

= New Light

• Galileo
    Galileo

Awakened - I was just asking a question friend! I'm sorry if a few over zealous readers here might jump to a conclusion I never made!

BTW, when are you going to write your story? I love your alias, and at the same time, it hints at a very interesting story that must be told.

• outnfree
    outnfree

"2008 brand: Generation = Annointed living from Jesus' time down thru our time."

What is appalling to me is that born-in Witnesses will have NO IDEA that this notion of an "anointed" or "elect" group "living from Jesus' time down thru our time" is just what horrible, ugly, misguided, old Christendom teaches!!!

Christendom has always questioned the JW belief in a literal 144,000 anointed ones sharing with Christ in the rule over Jehovah's New Earth. For there to have only been 144,000 faithful elect in 2008 years means there was an average of only 71 anointed Christians worldwide per year! Is this even plausible? How many true Christians were living when Christ called them "this generation"? If one starts doing the math -- subtracting the current [increasing] number of "anointed ones" exceeding 8,000 living in these "Last Days" the yearly average drops even lower. But will loyal JWs even do the math?

This has me curious enough -- how it all will be explained to the lowly sheep -- that I might just go to the Kingdumb Hall next Sunday!

outnfree

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I was just asking a question friend!

Hey Galileo... I know what you were saying... You should've read the sarcasm in my post....

I am trying to find the time to write a more in depth story... But I am in my last 6 weeks of college, so I am in the crunch to finish...

I'll have more time after May 19th.... Patience my friend... I may have to limit myself to 6 hours a day on JWD...

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Outnfree:

The Borg's reasoning on the statistics for the anointed are a great example of voodoo math.

I can't remember if it is the Bible or one of the 1st Century secular writers that commented about the Christians that 'they filled the whole world with their teachings." If that was the case and Christianity spread throughout the Roman Empire, it is ludicrous to think that in the 1900 years, prior to the past century, there were less than 144 K Christians. I mean, come on, are you kidding??? It's a joke.

The Borg's leadership are so out of touch with reality and sanity that they just spew this sewage without any forethought or reasoning. It's not surprising though...after all these guys really believe they have the direct hot-line to heaven itself. They are lunatics.

Alex

• Galileo
    Galileo
    Hey Galileo... I know what you were saying... You should've read the sarcasm in my post....

I did. I was making a joke too. I was trying to sound like what the WTS said after the 1975 fiasco: that a few over zealous brothers took what they said and read something in that they never claimed. I look forward to your story when you get the time.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yup, more lies to cover up previous lies for the reading slaves to suck in.

Revising when appropriate is part of this publishing house's game and they do it well,

they also know very well too that if anyone one of their flock scrutinizes them and calls them out on these changes

they can easily made to shut up by way of disfellowshiping, a very coy and devious formula to maintain the power and privilege that they hold.

For some God really is the best game in town.

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Awakened at G. - Thank you very much for posting the "ever-brightening-light" verse, along with its accompanying context.

It is plain to see that the Witnesses have been woefully duped.

First of all, the book of Proverbs, like the book of Ecclesiastes, was written within the genre of Wisdom literature. Unlike prophetic literature [i.e. the books of Isaiah; Ezekiel; Jeremiah; etc.], Wisdom literature does not even claim to get its insights into life from some sort of divine revelation, but rather from a deep, contemplative understanding of the world and how the world works. The book of Proverbs is based on knowledge acquired over the span of many generations of thinkers and sages. The book of Proverbs does not even pretend to concern itself with prophecy or eschatology. It does not even claim to have anything to do with foretelling future events. The book of Proverbs deals with the question of how to live morally; its emphasis is on ethics, and not at all on teleology.

Using poetic and metaphorical language, the passage in question sets up an antithesis, a dichotomy:

righteous people on bright, and ever brightening, path/ wicked people on gloomy, and ever darkening, path

Using poetic speech, this passage counterposes two diametrically opposed moral conditions [or states of being] in general. I really do not see this passage as concerning itself with scriptural knowledge or exegesis. Its focus is very broad and generalized.

It's ironic to think that it is with the wicked ones in this passage that the Watchtower can be associated. When one considers how the Witnesses have stumbled around in the gloom of their own delusions and failed prophecies, one realizes that they can be classified as belonging in the right-hand side of the dichotomy that I described above.

As for the Witness doctrine on the annointed and "this generation," it is tripe, wrapped in bilge, wrapped in nonsense, wrapped in bullshit. In regard to the "doctrine" of the annointed, how can they even calculate the number of remaining annointed when there exists no way of determining who is annointed!!! How can you calculate a quantity that is so nebulous?! According to Witness doctrine, people "profess" to be annointed. Anyone can "profess" to be anything that they imagine themselves to be. However, as I see it, there is no way to quantify the number of people who all-so-subjectively profess to be members of a certain group. Perhaps the term subjective is the crucial one here. In order to quantify something, there must be at least one objective criterion, although two or more objective criteria would be better. But if there exists not one single objective criterion, then quantification becomes an exercise in utter futility.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Learned on ignorance, to only teach and promote that given ignorance, a true casualty in its own right

You might call it a education in righteousness.

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

yes I agree that the verses in Proverbs are clearly just speaking in metaphorical terms and merely pointing out that the metaphorical path of a good person just keeps getting better and better, but the path of the wicked keeps getting worse and worse.

They make the same mistake, on purpose no doubt, with Matt. 24:45. It;s just a parable to illustrate that we all should be faithful and discreet slaves. It's no more complicated than that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit