True friends

by R.Crusoe 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

IMO sometimes people need someone in their life to be a little harsh instead of just getting the same ole "poor you" talk that perpetuates and reinforces their reality. But for the record I never told him to "get over it" I suggested something that worked for me and then commented on why I felt he responded so negatively.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    I suggested something that worked for me and then commented on why I felt he responded so negatively

Maybe if u presented it in such a way it wouldn't have been taken differently.

BTW I do agree with u....sometimes we can use this site, or self-pity as a crutch that can pro-long the healing process.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Let's say for the sake of argumant that I lie in a quagmire of self pity and psuedo superiority and am loving it so much the only thing missing is a hot naked female lithe and supple to whip me whilst I pain over it all!

Is she my true friend?

• Xena
    Xena

kerj2lee all I suggested in my post was that being open to the concept of friends helps. God forgive me for that! ~eye roll would go here if I had use of my smilies~

• Xena
    Xena

Depends RC...do you have to pay for her services???? :-P I find true friends tend to whip you for free.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    all I suggested in my post was that being open to the concept of friends helps.

Cool...I just read your comments on page one! My bad....

• free2think
    free2think

xena

I find true friends tend to whip you for free.

and keep you bound on a remote island forever more

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have some very great friends, some that are like my sisters and brothers. I feel so blessed to have wonderful friends, that have always been there for me, laugh at my jokes and have that kind of understanding that is different from family.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    IMO sometimes people need someone in their life to be a little harsh instead of just getting the same ole "poor you" talk that perpetuates and reinforces their reality. But for the record I never told him to "get over it" I suggested something that worked for me and then commented on why I felt he responded so negatively.

I agree that sometimes people do need a harsh word to make them sit up and take notice but usually this person tends to be someone with a certain degree of proximity such as a close friend of member of their family not someone who doesnt know them or knows what they are truly suffering. Whilst you didnt use the words 'get over it' the words you did use were meant in the same spirit and as such this was why it was harsh. I for one do not agree with reinforcing the 'poor me' reality or soft soaping anyone but as a matter of opinion I dont think being harsh was of any benefit. Just my opinion. G

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing is for sure: The "friends" that only wanted to host me, make it impossible for me to leave, and drag me out in field circus and pioneer, get me appointed an assistant hounder, and then into the Value Destroyer Training School are NOT friends. All they wanted was to suppress my sex drive, use me up, and ultimately have me take a prominent role in helping the Watchtower Society start the Second Dark Ages worldwide. And then, whatever happens to me doesn't matter.

I don't feel this same usurpation of value in the world. True, there is some, but nothing like what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wanted to do.

And, for the sake of the "friends(??)" in the Kingdumb Hell, I didn't lift a finger to help them in the Great Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign this past March. I am glad they didn't finish. Hey, if they are only going to use me up, then why would I wany anything they attempt to work?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit