Duzzent enybody pruf reed thair thred topiks?

by Gregor 39 Replies latest jw friends

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Im with wings on this...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Hey, its not really that bad of a deal if you consider you actually learn how to spell correctly and it does make reading a lot easer too

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I would rather see typos and misspelled words than the misuse of their, there, and they're, to, two, and too, hear and here, bored and board, roll and role, then and than, and any other homonymn in the English language. And what is w/ spelling the word rude as "rood"?

• wings
    wings

Learning a new language like fenitic english could help broaden your linguistic skills, open all kinds of doors, especially into the lives of xjw's. (there may be a reason for this....just an idea)

However, imsodrunkicantspell english has more limited possibilities.

Then there is idontknowhowtotype english, which is of course more usfull, especially on the internet.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

But wouldn't you agree girls if a person mis-spells a lot of words it lessens the impact of what he or she is trying to say, diminishing good understanding ?

Ps. Hey Sweetface, a new avatar wow looks good, it makes me sleepy or maybe horny, I don't know which !

• wings
    wings
    if a person mis-spells a lot of words it lessens the impact of what he or she is trying to say, diminishing good understanding ?

If I am writing, yes.

If I am reading on an open forum with a group of people who have never been encouraged in secular education, no.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I misspell all of the commonly misspelled words. English has so many spelling inconsistencies. I don't worry about people's spelling and grammar here at JWD. I figure we aren't here to earn a degree or an award in journalism. I guess the only thing that makes me a cringe a little is people using your, when they should use you're. Example: "Your right, you know?" "Your stupid!"

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Personally I think all jws and ex-ers could use a little more education in pronunciation and sentence structuring since most jw-dubs had their own education

deemed unimportant to them.

But I know where your coming from Wings

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have noted that poor spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. are just a casualty of the internet. Any forum or message board I've seen rates about the same as JWD. Perhaps a forum for Harvard English proffessors might differ?

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    In my case it really takes all credibility out of what someone is saying, especially when discussing serious matters. A couple of typos or (worst) misused homonyms and I move to the next post or topic. I was brought up by a school teacher, so I guess its

First I came to (worst) which I believe should be (worse), but I bypassed that since I thought perhaps it was intentional. Then I came to the last word "its" which I believe should be "it's" and I just stopped. At that point it really took all credibility out of what someone was saying. It's a shame because I really would be interested to know what it is at the end of the quote.

I mean, seriously, when I'm sending out something professionally I proofread everything several times. But this is a discussion board where people come to relax, share their experiences, and try to garner some support for having spent years in the overly judgemental atmosphere of the society. Do we really need to add more judgement here over what often amounts to a typo?

Just my thoughts and I'm no one important, so feel free to just move on.

Jackie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit