JW's and Chronic Fatigue Syndrone!

by cornish 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Violia
    Violia

It is serious and too many folks have had it for it not to be real. There seems to be many things that contribute but stress certainly does not help.

I am not making fun , and CFS, and FM and all the related terms. They are not Degenerative diseases, ( but seem to share some problems) but I found this short video but Paula Poundstone and it is just so funny...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

May I ask what ME is? I doubt JW triggers/causes these illnesses. But the culture is not conductive to healing and understanding.

Is fibromyalgia a disease in the UK now. When it first came, it was only recognized in the States. Stress plays such a role.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Fibromyalgia is now a recognised condition in the UK. M.E is myalgic encephalomyelitis, basically the same as CFS (chronic fatigue).

• ekruks
    ekruks

Viola - I appreciate people need to joke, but really the comedian speaks as if incredibly narrow-minded - I don't know much of degenerative illnesses, but people with CFS are not praised on a daily basis for their courage, as the she claims of those with the other illnesses she refers to, but usually the opposite. That clip panders to cheap stigmas, fear of what we don't understand.

Actually, the ignorant comedian is correct when she implies the ill are lazy people, as people often make comments similar to her remark, "have the same aches and pains as anyone else" but just moan a lot. The average person doesn't sleep the whole night, work for a few hours, determined to continue and refusing to have this illness, but end up collapsing on the floor, falling asleep on the carpet, to be woken up by someone else who doesn't understand what is wrong.

Band on the Run - Sorry, but I fail to see how you deny that being a JW can trigger stress-related illnesses, while you can write that stress is a cause of FMS. Many members of this forum have commented on how they have faced stress as part of being a JW, such as politics within the congregation or the pressure to give so much in ministry, etc.. with little time for recreation to vent stress and a small circle of friends - it's a recipe for such an illness.

• whereami
    whereami

booked marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit