JW's and Chronic Fatigue Syndrone!

by cornish 54 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

I know 2 with Chronic Fatigue and at least 3 with severe allergies to perfumes, etc.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Lynn Newton mentioned in his Theocratese-Glossary the "Disease of the Month" that is the disease decribed in the recent Awake!-magazine.

I think JW who are regular Awake!-readers know more diseases and their symptoms which they can find looking at themselves.

They read it and say "Oh, that's me!". Then they move around in their congregation and on conventions looking for fellow sufferers.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

OHHHH Ya this is a major problem among the JW's esp the sisters. I would say about 85% of the sisters in our old hall had some form!!! My sis moved halls and about90% of the sisters there were on prozac or something similar!!!! I always wonderderd about it, but I think I finally FOUND THE ANSWER!!!!!! It's in Steve HAssans book 'Releasing the Bonds." I'll go find it and type it in, it really made sense to me and made me, and gave me some answers.

Ven

*edited BBWWWAHAHHAAHHAAAHAHHA ohh that priceless* I think that sounds like a GREAT book title hahahh!!
    "Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• Englishman
    Englishman

What is this? Do half the UK posters on this site live in Cornwall?

Bloody dreadful beer you have down there too, talk about St. Awful!

Englishman, Kernow lover.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ok I found I had it bookmarked SHOCK!!!!

He talks in chap 8 on dueling identities. What that means is everyone has a true or Authentic personality. But when you join a cult you then have a cult personality (JW's i.e. 'New Personality off with the old') Scary eh??? Well, he says no matter WHAT you can NEVER completely destroy the original personality, ok I'll just quote from the subheading. Ohh and even if you were born into it, you still have a TRUE identity, which could be why so many that were born into it have a bit of an identity crisis or have trouble feeling like themselves, because well they don't really know who they are YET!!!!

Eliciting the Authentic Identity

As much as cult indoctrination attempts to suppress and destroy the authentic identity, it never completely succeeds. There are too many positive memories that don't disappear. The cult tries to bury these reference ooints and submerge a persons past. Yet, over time, the authentic, pre-cult self seeks ways to regain it's freedom.

The authentic identity continues to play an active role in a cult members psyche by:

* Creating illnesses, such as skin problems, asthma, or severe allergic reactions that give the cult member an excuse to sleep and take some time off from his grueling work schedule. IF the illness is life-threatening, the cult member may feel justified in seeking outside medical attention.

There were 4 more, but they were on diff lines. When I saw that I was Floored. You see I had pretty much all of them, talk about a battle of wills, and I'm STRONG WILLED HAHAHHAHHAHAH!!!

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

• sleepy
    sleepy

I understand your noting that many witnesses seem to suffer from chronic fatigue .
    But there seems to be a great amount of misunderstanding amongst most of the replies as to the nature of this and similair dieases.
    I personnally have never suffered from any of these things but know very closely people who have.
    I havent got time to post a full retort now as I am going out soon, but I'll ask some question's
    Have you ever had chronic fatigue sydrone?
    Do you understand fully the workings of the human mind and body?
    Are you as doubtful of others who have visable syptoms of illness?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Another ditto, I knew SO many (mostly sisters) who suffered from CFS, fybromyalgia, etc. In fact, my wife was one of them. I do not think that in many cases these conditions 'are all in the head' as many do beleive. I think there is something behind it all. However, that said I truely think it's mostly stress-caused. As far as doctors can tell it's caused or contributed towards by chemical imbalances in the brain. Which are caused or contributed towards by lack of stage 4 sleep (among other things). Hence why many of CFS sufferes are on some type of sleep aid (normally an anti-depressant).

All that said, guess when her symptoms started? At 17, when she started reg pioneering. Guess when she got better? Soon after we quit bying the JW BS. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm"

That's why I think it's stress related. She lived life from one guilty moment to the next(i.e. "Oh no we missed a meeting", "We really SHOULD go in FS today"), and from one 'crisis' of offending some poor JW to the next("Wah, you hurt my feelings", "Your skirt was too short"). Once the abnormal 'friendships' were left behind, and the guilt was overcome, the stress they caused disappeard. And the CFS sysmptoms went away with it.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

And as a 'by the way', she works harder now at her secular job, plays harder in physical things (sports), then she ever did as a JW, yet strangely the problems are almost gone. Hmmmmmm.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Yes I agree it is a REAL condition, I've had variations. And while alot of it is emotional, it's not 'just in your head'. There are REAL symptoms and you feel like CRAP and you can't get up or move and eveything hurts. I think the post I made above makes about the most sense of what cuases some of these things, but they are true sicknesses, that only people htat have had it or know of someone cna understand. Don't knock it if you haven't had it!!!!

Ven

• LDH1
    LDH1

German JW too damn funny.

Sleepy, no one doubts that the mind/body connection exists. Sign me up, as my mother has these two 'diseases' and various others. I know well that her mental state has contributed to her (negative) belief in her health.

Also, her impression that "the new system" is the ONLY thing that will bring her any relief also gives her an excuse to not properly care for her body now.

Her diet sucks, her exercise regiment is non-existent.

There is a word I'm thinking of but I didn't get much sleep last night. It means that your mental state of being can affect your physical health, that's what JWs have. Esp the women.

How many JW women do you know that hit the gym once a week, much less three times?

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit