Thank god for cheese

by greendawn 34 Replies latest jw friends

• *summer*
    *summer*

Oh yes! thank God for cheese! I LOVE cheese! Almost difficult to name only a few favourites.

Love good old regular sharp cheddar...feta crumbled in a salad or on a pizza...camembert and brie with a glass of wine...parmesan over any pasta. And the list could go on and on...

• Layla33
    Layla33

Provolone, mozarella, feta, cheddar (extra sharp), brie, pepper jack, swiss, ricotta (I love cooking with ricotta), parmesan, and a host of others, but these are my absolute favorites.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I love cheese. " 'ow about a nice bit 'o cheese, Grommit?"

I would love to have a cheese shop nearby as long as it wasn't run by Michael Palin.

• llbh
    llbh

i love all cheese . One of my favourites is an Irish cheese called Cashel Blue. i also like good Parmesan that i get from the local Deli

David

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I like almost all cheese if they are not too sharp. The herb cheeses are good along with the jalapeno ones, feta with black olives.

hope4others

• bavman
    bavman
    Bavman, is Wisconsin a big cheese producing state?

Yes. Wisconsin has many cheese factories. It is known as 'America's Dairyland'. Check out this link to the history of Wisconsin cheesemaking.

http://www.wisdairy.com/AllAboutCheese/Cheesemaking/HistoryOfCheesemaking.aspx

• restrangled
    restrangled

For the Brie Lovers:

1 large wheel, leave in wood box and slice the top off of the cheese.

Saute 2 large vadallia onions sliced thinly in a little olive oil, 1 tsp sugar with 1/4 cup white wine until well carmalized. Mix in 1 tsp. thyme and a little salt and pepper. (takes about 30 minutes)

Pile on top of Brie wheel and put into a 250 degree oven until cheese is warm and soft.

Provide several knives for spreading over a crusty loaf of bread sliced and your favorite wine. Some fruit on the side is a nice addition.

This is heaven!

r.

• Gregor
    Gregor

OK restrangled, hope you are happy. You've got me drooling for some Brie

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

This threads demands the Cheese Role Call! www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJTqT5gMg0

• White Dove
    White Dove

I like Velveeta and Cotija cheeses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit