A Kinder, Gentler Armageddon?

by undercover 14 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

In another thread it was mentioned that a newer WT or Awake stated that "God's battle is directed against those humans whom God judges to be incorrigibly wicked. His war will be selective in destruction." which gives a somewhat less violent picture than what has been presented for years and years.

Is this new light a change in the perception of how Armageddon will be brought about or is it just pandering to the ignorant masses so as to not reveal the true belief that they're all doomed to destruction?

Could someone name the exact magazine, date and article that quote appears in? Thanks...I didn't want to hijack the other thread.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe it is in the context of an Armegeddon of less impact on the environment ... without the fire and sulphur that would create more of an environmental catastrophe than something less intense ...

Perhaps something like a "Green Armegeddon" where the guilty just get together and jump off a bridge.

Rub a Dub

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I dont think there will be another armegedon. God said in Genesis 8 :21 "I will never again curse the earth destroying all living things."

That was the God of the old testament, he was a meanine and manic depressive. I dont think the God of the new testament is as nasty as he was.

I think the Armageddon we had in 75 is as good as were going to have. Now we have to start rebuilding, and move on.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

JB said "I think the Armageddon we had in 75 is as good as were going to have."

you mean the one that didn't happen and isn't ever going to happen? I agree with you. That was it folks, now let's turn our attention to something more interesting.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

This one must have gotten by Jaraczs' henchmen. Whoever in Writing wrote this was definitely off the reservation.

• catbert
    catbert

The chances of Armageddon coming are about as good as the chances that there was a great flood that destroyed all things that walked or crawled about 4500 yrs or so ago, and that ark that saved the kangeroos from extinction.

• flipper
    flipper

UNDERCOVER- Yeah, my witness mom sent me the April 1st Watchtower version they give to the people door to door. And on page 31 in the last paragraph of the " Our Readers Ask " article it makes the quote you mentioned above about only the " incorrigibly wicked " being destroyed. As you said- I think they present it this way to suck in the unwary out in service , then will give them the real version of armageddon when once people join the cult. Typical cult deceptive behavior. Watchtower bastards

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Yeah, my witness mom sent me the April 1st Watchtower version

Which is the Showcase Edition. They will put the soft version in the Showcase Edition, and the scarier version in the Kool-Aid edition. Present the world with a softer version, and still scare the crap out of the children with the violence and mayhem in the Kool-Aid.

I can think of the ultimate in terms of "kind, gentle" for Armageddon. The term only refers to war between good and evil, and does not necessarily mean mass destruction. If the leaders that are responsible for our totalitarian systems are fired and the jobs that create all the blockades for technology are eliminated, the free market can then come up and solve all the problems we have created. Those that used to hold destructive power-usurping jobs will have to get real jobs or die off. And not one person will have to die because of external force.

Of course, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger will not put that version out, in either edition.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Which is the Showcase Edition. They will put the soft version in the Showcase Edition, and the scarier version in the Kool-Aid edition. Present the world with a softer version, and still scare the crap out of the children with the violence and mayhem in the Kool-Aid.

I'm inclined to go ditto with Wizard on this one.

• undercover
    undercover

Thanks Flipper for the issue info.

It does look like soft peddling of the doctrine to outsiders. Even if the "Kool-Aid" version still preaches total destruction, most JWs won't see the discrepency between the two presentations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit